Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Off CDWow

• 22-09-2003 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

You can get a random amount of money of your next CDwow purchase by doing this. The amounts are 50p, £1.00, £1.99 or £8.99.

Go to here :

http://www2.cd-wow.com/promotion.php?promo_refcode=12704_1

Pop in your email address and you will receive a mail from CDwow with a voucher code.
    Go to the link provided in the email address (It will be the UK CDWOW) and pop something into your cart and checkout.
    Continue shopping or 'Click To Checkout'
    Click 'REDEEM GIFT VOUCHER' and enter your unique e-Voucher code below into
    the e-Voucher box.

Good luck! Let me know how much you get. I got £1.00. Maybe someone will be a little luckier!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

is it limited to one per email address? or can you do it multiple times...e.g. if ur gonna buy 4 cds, get 4 vouchers?

thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Limited to one email address as far as i know. Off course, you may have more than 1 mail address...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hmm, as an experiment I tried this with every address I have-50p every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

I thought they'd limit to the address of the cardholder. Guess not. Still thats such a great bonus for a website that already dishes out the bargains for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i thought i'd try twice :D - only got 50p each time though - which is more than the difference with the hk site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I got 4 x 50p , not worth it really .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I have a catch-all domain e-mail, so I tried several to see what the odds are like for getting more than 50p. Let's just say they're more than one in 16..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hmmmm, i wonder if it is related to how much you put into your basket at all. I had Monthy Pythons Life Of Brian Criterion in my shopping basket when i used my voucher (£19.99) and got £1.00 off. Maybe the more you have in the more you get off? Just a thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭spuddy

Tried using these vouchers couple of months ago, and they wouldnt take them because they were sterling and i was using the .ie site with euro prices! I said id use the sterling website if they'd do the shipping for free & was told that i had to order from the .ie site! not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Odd that they told you that spuddy - I've ordered from the .ie, .co.uk, /com.hk and .com sites with free shipping from all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

It's the same way with the Piggypoints vouchers, they only work on the .ie site.

I've ordered from several of the CDWow sites, including one of the UK ones with sterling vouchers as far as I can remember. Certainly hope there doesn't come a time when Irish customers have to use the .ie site, given the current savings to be made when using some of the others. I've a horrible feeling that if anyone kicks up a fuss about price differences that may happen-please tell me it hasn't already...:confused:

Advertisement