Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autorun Cd

Options
  • 22-09-2003 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I've been creating AUTORUN CD's for ages now, but today I burned a test for a new movie, and everytime I insert the CD, the movie opens twice, I've tried changing the INF file's CASE and nothing is working.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Maybe a linefeed or some thing (I've seen it in autoexec.bat)
    open a new file and type it all in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lucidreamer

Tried it, no joy... even tried changing the case in the INF

AUTORUN & Autorun & autorun

and

open=movie.exe & OPEN=MOVIE.EXE

Nothing seems to help.
    My head is melting... ah no bother. thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Are you using XP?

XP tries to figure out what to do with each type of CD (like launch media player/ picture viewer).

If you told it in the past to view movies then it will do that, and also execute the autorun.inf giving you 2 movies.

nagero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lucidreamer

No, I'm useing MS ME, (long story) won't use XP, don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Thats the problem then. use Win98 or XP.

Actually I always disable autorun on any PC I setup (in registry Autorun = 0).

Really you don't want amiga style autoinstalling trojans etc.

Much better to be in control and decide what you want to do.

Also some DVDs try to autoinstall their own player, but if you have WinDVD or PowerDVD setup right one click stats the SVCD or DVD video from default drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement