Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer building

• 22-09-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

*Yawn* so i'm new here and i'm coming into a bit of money,i was wondering would if be viable to build a decent pc for under 800 euro,items i have already

.floppy
    .dvd
    .cd writer
    .Case
    .Monitor/mouse/etc
    .256 ddram
    .all the basic cables that go with the internal workings of a pc
    .I have fans etc but they are from a p1 233/a self made pc by someone else (athlone 1.2 and it was a dodgy pc that has since been taken apart for other uses same goes for the p1)

So i'm a complete novice when it comes to building pc's any help/advice would be appreciated,i'd of posted this on a computer board but i couldnt find one dedicated to this sort of thing.I use the pc mainly for net/microsoft office/bit of gaming(cs mainly and graphics could be sacraficed) any good sites ?

Alright thanks

ronan

ronanwestlake@hotmail.com-msn
    liquidpumpkin-aim

There is no point flaming me cos i'm a moron who'll just look at you like a confused dog,i posted this in klomp board as well,thxs ppl :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

All you need is a mobo, cpu (& psu?).

For €800 you can have a top-end PC (incl grafix)

Abit IC7 mobo €150
    P4 2.4 cpu €215
    Radeon 9800 Pro €435

Total: €800

If the psu in your case is less than 350W, you'll need a new one (€50~)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Add another 120 euro for 512 ram, and if your case isn't Atx, thats another 60 euro at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Have a look at THIS ..

Might be useful to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

You're all so nice considering i didnt do any reseach(im doing it now) ok im on adsl,is there anyway i can hook two pcs up to the one adsl connection ? one pc will be in my room (2 flights of stairs up) and other is in thd dining room,there are phone sockets in every room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

Here a good site, if this is your first build!
    http://www.mysuperpc.com/

I'd probably go with a wireless network for your ASDL

• Advertisement
Advertisement