Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 Player

Options
  • 22-09-2003 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is right place, if not please move it.

Just wondering what would people's advice be regarding a good small, high storage capacity mp3 player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

If you've got the cash go for an iPod although there are other similar options

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You really need to specify what you consider by small, and what you mean by high storage capacity - flash memory and hard drive based players really are two completely different categories. I've got a 30gb iPod myself, as well as a tiny (<30g) 128mb flash-based player. I wouldn’t be taking the iPod out on a night out or for exercising, certainly.

Definitely recommend the iPod, although you can get the equivalent 30gb Zen for half the price - just not as small or attractive, and without that fantastic UI but also plays WMAs (www.peats.ie have it for €349, I’m sure it’s cheaper elsewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

You might want to consider the Archos

That new Archos AV300 looks very nice, but don't go near the Jukebox studio - ugly, heavy, plasticy and the most awful UI in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

so there is nothing perfect that fits into your pocket without you noticing its there but still holds alot of music ?

didnt think so!

well, i really dont want something i have to lug about..size and style > storage for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hmmm just got the Creative MuVo recently, well small. Not great on storage 128 Mb, suite me though, I'm notmally not listeing to music for more then 40 songs long at any one time, unless I'm on the computer.

John

Originally posted by valor
    well, i really dont want something i have to lug about..size and style > storage for me
    So does that mean 128-256mb would be enough? E.g. enough for 1-3 albums at a time? If so, a flash player is your best bet. You could try www.mp3players.co.uk - I got a Chic player from them which I'm very happy with. Only downside is the USB1.1 connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I use my phone !- its got a 128mb memory stick which holds about 40 tracks. There is a new 256mb and soon to be announced 512 which will be really useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

I use my phone !- its got a 128mb memory stick which holds about 40 tracks. There is a new 256mb and soon to be announced 512 which will be really useful.

What phone is it ? P800 ?
    Just for the price of that 128MB stick you can get a 128MB MP3 player....no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

P800 with Oggplay. Got the 128mb stick in the US for $58 and I only have to carry around one device, one charger etc.

• Advertisement

You can get a 128mb memory stick on www.komplett.ie for €57, inc. VAT. 256mb is even better value at €96. (Although if you need the smaller MS Duo for that phone, it gets more expensive.)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've got one of the Magic Star players. It's fairly limited: usb 1.1, primitive controls, crap sound unless you use decent headphones, only works with mp3. It's also quite flimsy: the back came off after about a weeks use, so I have to be quite careful with the thing. On the positive side it's handy enough to use and I can drop anything onto it, not just mp3s.

Advertisement