Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drool - I want these

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I'm speechless. It's time to begin saving those pennies, it's going to be a while before I have $25299.98 burning a hole in my pocket....
    The buy links don't work though.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whoa good god I want those monitors.
    Absolutely stunning.. PC is pretty sweet as well. only thing I haven't seen before in a desktop is that PuRAM thing, which is worth mentioning:
    PuRam™ - The future, today.
    Introducing the first desktop computer configurable WITHOUT a system hard drive. The Operating system and system files reside on a PuRam™ solid state flash disk with near zero latency and seek times, and burst transfer rates at over to 8.0GB/s I/O, capable of over 150,000 I/O requests per second, all with an average of 0.0% CPU utilization. This translates into an effective desktop business productivity of up to 1,000 times faster than the fastest available hard disk design at any price or configuration. These are non-volatile units just like a regular hard drive with a permanent storage cycle. There are no more virtual memory or swap file delays (since now they are as fast as RAM) and there are no more System Disk Defrags (memory is random so it does not need defragging). Windows boots-up in seconds, load your games and apps in seconds, and start any program virtually instantly

now I'm wondering exactly where abouts the motherboard that is connected to, so that it can actually achieve that 8Gb transfer rate... still sounds good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

heh, you're right.. i mean standard 32-bit 33Mhz PCI bus has 133MB/s bandwidth.. no way you can get 8GB/s over that.

you need 3gio (pci-express) to pull something like this, and even then the standard 1x pci-express wouldn't do. to get to this 8GB/s you'd need PCI-Express x32. as far as i know there are no motherboards that support that, and the first pci-express motherboards coming out in 2004 will have pci-express x1 slots, and one x16 slot for the graphics card.

i guess after staring at 4 lcd monitors that you payed 20 grand for, you wouldn't really be to concerned if your solid-state drive has 133MB/s or 8GB/s bandwidth :)

Advertisement