Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of VGA, Overlays and Data Projectors....

Options
  • 23-09-2003 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Right, if I hook up the VGA Output (no composite, TV-Out etc.) of my desktop machine (GF2 + Det 45.23) to the VGA input of a data projector, will the overlay created when I play an mpeg (ie music video in WMP or BSPlayer) be shown on the projector?
    Will it appear as it wold were it just the monitor hooked in?
    I wonder, as when I was using a laptop with one recently there was an option (Fn + F5) to switch modes between desktop, all and overlay.
    I need to have this issue resolved within the next 24 hours, doing something special for freshers week involving videos, alcohol and a crowd of students.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The desktop should treat the projector as a standard VGA monitor, so whatever is displayed on the main monitor, will be displayed on the projector.

The Fn-F5 (Fn-F8 on my laptop) is usually used to switch between internal display (i.e. the laptop's own screen), external display (i.e. monitor/projector) or a combination of both (i.e. display on the laptop LCD and the monitor/projector at the same time).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

it will just project what would have been on the monitor, the very and exact same, guaranteed 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cool
    Thought as much, but just wanted to couble check in case there was some funny trickery with overlays etc.

Advertisement