Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download wont

Options
  • 23-09-2003 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Trying to dload football software and only get 70% and the thing stops(dont know tech jargon). Not disconnected just stops.Am using ME.Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Try using a download manager (Download Accelerator is ok), that'll resume the download in case it breaks (tech jargon :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Better still use a browser that supports resuming downloads, like opera :)

http://www.opera.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

thnks both .Will try opera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Download Accelerator is muck! the amount of downloads it ****s up or says that arn't there, loads of ****ty ads too! Have used getright for aggggggggggesssssss on my 56k, and i download huge files just leave it to get the file redial if needs be, disconnect when done, turn off pc. Nice skins too.

At the mo I'm trying out FlashGET as it has a lot more options than getright and was able to catch a few links that were having trouble with in getright, things like referers.

I hear tell of a downloader Internet
    Download manger simple, but meant to be good.

Using firebird browser and its got a funky little plugin that puts your downloads into nice ille tabs at the bottom of the window.

I still prefere to use a download manager for downloading larger files rather than letting them go through the browser.

Actually tried "getright" but download ceased after 34%.Could it be a memory problem?Wouldnt Iget a warning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Does it suddenly stop or does it slowly cycle down from 4k or whatever to 0k?

Also is it just with this file? Can it be resumed? Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect then resume. If it doesn't work with your normal download window it probally won't with a download manager, they are just useful for speeding up the download and resuming after it disconnects. Possibly just the server, or file? Sounds like you have tried it a few times and it quits at 70% each time.

How about supplying the link or how big is the file?

someone with broadband might be able to get it and mirror it somewhere for ya. :S Some servers were just mad slow for me and can timeout cos it is that slow, maybe thats just me :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Give me the link to the file and I'll try sending it to you via MSN or ICQ, hopefully it'll work then. Just pm me your contact details and the file link and I'll do what I can for you. I know that doesn't solve the problem but at least you'll get the file in the end ;) Just thinking about it could it be heavy packet loss maybe?

Many thanks for all suggestions.Am trying once moreto d/load the soccer software optimist that I am.
    On 97% at moment on a slow speed of 2.5 .
    100% complete and monitored for 90 mins-hard work would be easier.
    Maybe I have a server problem UTV. Have found them better than Eircom though.
    Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement