Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gateway System Upgrading RAM

• 23-09-2003 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

First post :) I have a gateway system at home with an athlon processor that runs at 833 MHZ i believe. At present it only has 128MB ram synch at 133MHZ (very old computer) which i would like to upgrade to about a GIG of faster RAM.

Its in an ATX case. I opened it up last night but cannot find any motherboard markings on it stating the board type and am wondering what type of ram i may be able to use to upgrade it. Was hoping (probably foolishly that i could get some 266MHZ stuff or even faster). There are 3 RAM slots on the system and 1 is currently occupied with the 128MB system.

Advice please on what type of RAM to purchase to upgrade this system. Not interested in buying a system and sticking together as to be honest this system is fast enough for me and a little bit of RAM would go a long way.

Question is what RAM to buy that will be supported by this mboard?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

If you go to gateways site, go to live help and they can advise you with regard to exactly the memory you need and give you a price on it.

Then go to crucial.com, follow the procedure ref. OEM memory - inputting manufacturer model, etc and it will suggest what memory suits your system.

Ditto for shop4memory.co.uk - but they will email you a price.

hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scarper

Excellent info eurorunner i presume komplett RAM would do the job aswell once i get the model details etc...

Advertisement