Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to improve benchmarking scores

Options
  • 23-09-2003 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

lo lads well just wondering about what graphics card tweaks u do ? and general motherboard ones
    im running a
    amd xp 2500 barton ( not overclocked yet )
    with a gig of ddr 3200 cl 2.5
    and a ati 9700 connect 3d graphics card
    all on a nf7-s mobo

after reading this months pcx mag i went and done a 3dmark 2001 test . the computer didnt score bad somwhere in the 14k range think it bad it to the number 15th position for a system without anyoverclocking . but im not totaly happy with the preformance knowing that it can be better .

what do u do if anything to improve preformance of your computer ? or better yet got any ids for things i should try with my board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Overclocking the CPU and the graphics card (especially the latter).

I wouldn't go for Windows tweaks/hacks. They might improve your 3DMark score, but not your actual game performance (like the LOD settings). 3DMark scores are useless.

Try the latest Radeon drivers and overclock the card a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye ive the cpu ocing sorted but ive never overclocked the graphics card becides a old gf2 with software is it still done the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There's some apps here that should do the job.

Advertisement