Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool & Everton may share grounds??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by no1lfcfan
    Hello there,

Check out the IOL website........it says Liverpool & Everton are in talks to share new grounds.

How do you think this will work??

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=66433780&p=6643436x&n=66434389

As a Liverpool supporter, I would have no problem with it at all.. I know some Everton supporters who are cracking up over it though. Realistically, it makes sense in the long term and it has worked in Turin and Milan where the rivalry between clubs and their respective fans is just crazy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

If it means it easier to get tickets for the match becuase of a bigger stadium I don't care either!! You should have seen what I went through last year for the Utd game..........and then we lost!!!

I'll miss Anfield though.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno about this sort of thing when it involves two clubs that are easily big enough to build thier own stadia. Its never really your clubs' home when they give up sole occupation even if its a brand new ground...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Everton are probably begging Liverpool to go for a shared stadium, because they can't get the funds together for their own one at King's Dock. Liverpool have got the funds in place, more or less, for the Stanley Park ground, so I can't see them agreeing to share. And I hope they bloody don't, Shankley Park is going to be class. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would have my reservations about it. It would make financial sense on one hand to share the costs of the stadium with Everton but then on the other it would mean sharing with the toffee's.

Strange confusing emotions Kiff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The whole situation could become a bit tricky. Given the financial mess Arsenal are getting into without even starting work on building I wouldn't like to see it go the same way.

There are a few pluses to a joint venture
    - cheaper to build (or for the same contribution get a bigger/better stadium).
    - cheaper to run the stadium (halved costs).
    - closer links between the two clubs.

Reasons against
    - Would all revenues from matches belong to the clubs or would someone else get a cut?
    - The pitch would have to endure a lot more. Lots of clubs double their stadium as a rugby ground but Liverpool are used to a good surface.
    - Everton may not be able to fill it. No slight intended there, it could help them develop fans.

Liverpool are already a long way down the road in designing our own stadium in Stanley park. There are a few obstacles arising
    - The council are saying they will not support the development unless it is joint, this could mean we miss out on as much as 30m from them and also evertons contribution.
    - Stanly park is a listed area and although I thought planning was approved there may be snags about using the site.

Potentially I think it could be a good idea but there would most likely be a lot of arguments that could delay/derail the project. Stupid things like the color of seats, less stupid things like the size of the pitch and clubs might argue over how much needs to be contributed and also potentially they would argue about the capacity.

Given Liverpool have already done a lot of planning including choice of site, design of stadium and efforts to gain investors I'm a little dubious about changing course at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

Posted this on the wrong board last time......sorry!!!

What would happen to things like the Shankly statue/ Liverpool museum etc?? Would there be joint museums??

Can't see it happening......to much rivalry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If it's good enough for AC Milan and Inter...

Originally posted by no1lfcfan
    What would happen to things like the Shankly statue/ Liverpool museum etc?? Would there be joint museums??
    Both the Shankly statue and the museum are at the Kop end, so conceivably each club would be assigned a home end with which they could decorate/install what they wanted. I don't actually know what the plans are for Anfield (or Goodison for that matter) but it could be left as is, as a kind of spiritual home. They are a very community orientated club so maybe there could be a use found for it after they move.

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    If it's good enough for AC Milan and Inter...
    Ideally yes. I don't know what the situation was like when they first started sharing but it should certainly be possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement