Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture removals recommendation

Options
  • 23-09-2003 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking to move apartment (dublin area) and I am looking for furniture movers/removers.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine the are all much the same try www.goldenpages.ie Get quotes from at least three companies.

Just make sure you leave enough time to pack everything as once they get started moving thats it, you'll only have time to save the goldfish. Arrange to have a few days after the move to be able to go back tot he house to make usre nothing is forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Thanks Vic,

I am familar with the goldenpages what I was actually hoping for is personal recommendations from people who have used reliable, honest companies.

As I have had a bad experience once with a "reputable company" Also adivce on packing.....??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by bikini widow
    Also adivce on packing.....??!!!
    Bookshops, they always get their books in sturdy boxes, and then raid the paper recycling bin in the local shop for old (unsold / unread) newspapers for packing. Keep boxes for any new elctrical stuff that you buy and repackage them in the same box.

The movers will be able to hire boxes to you for about €1 a week each. The movers should have thick blankets for TVs and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 HybridHumour

Hi BW,
    Having moved house many times in the past few years here are a couple of pointers...

1) The best removal company I dealt with was Echo Removals (01-2982711). They're based in Dublin and appear to be a real family run business - they were really good

2) Regarding packing, I was able to get all the necessary boxes from Echo and they collected them once I called them to say they were all empty. Easy Peasy! They will also pack your breakable stuff for you and although it's pricier, it's well worth it as the worry over breakage of delicate stuff is gone!!

3) If you're packing youself make sure you start to do it a good while in advance - you'll be amazed at the amount of time it can take to do, especially when you keep finding things you haven't seen in years and have to give it a good look!!

Best of luck, hope this helped...
    Hyb

• Advertisement
Advertisement