Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite TV

Options
  • 23-09-2003 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I hope someone can assist me ...
    I recently moved into a new house. To my surprise the previous owner had left his dish and digi-box (with Sky card).
    This has subsequently prompted me to consider 'going digital'.
    The only draw-back is single room viewing. I'm wondering if there are any gadgets or methods I could use to have multi-room viewing.
    All comments/suggestions/advice are welcome

G.O.M.P :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Hi G.O.M.P. welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of options, depending on which way the house has been wired. The easiest way to get Sky in your other rooms is to use the existing TV cable, if available. At the back of the digibox there are 3 connections for cable TV. One is for the incoming cable feed, one goes to your TV and the other (output 2) connects to the cable feeding to your other room. The advantage here is that with a suitable IR receiver in the other room (available from Maplin Electronics or Peats ) you can control the Sky box from the other room with the same remote.

So thats the first thing to do, see what way the other TV cables in the house are routed. If that doesn't work out, you could get a video sender box that will send the Sky signal wirelessly to another room and relay the remote commands back to it to. The problem with video senders is that they work off RF and are really tempremental, which can be reflected in a poor and unstable picture. You could get lucky though, its worth a try.

Also worth thinking about is upgrading to Sky+. This allows you to watch 2 Sky channels independently in 2 different rooms. But you do need 2 cables running up to your dish, and one of the solutions mentioned above.

Hope all this helps!!

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

There is also a board here that deals specifically with Sky Digital and Satellite TV.

Advertisement