Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish charges for gprs

• 23-09-2003 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am Italian and I think the way gprs is set up here is a disgrace. If you think that for me it's cheaper to use gprs in roaming with TIM, the first Italian operator, you get the point. And by the way I've spoken with several customer cares and people there have no clue and are not prepared to answer to questions on new mobiles like the 3650.
    I would also like to add that I got my 3650 in Italy five months ago for 369 euro and all Italian mobiles are unlocked and usually come with a sim card which is already activated for roaming out of the box.

I think this country has a lot to learn but other things are cheaper for example sms with o2 and the related web facility to send them from the Internet.

Way to go about that even if after one year o2 should try to find a way to send to vodafone Italy!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ciccino, Ireland is a much smaller country than Italy and to a degree the economies of scale apply. Additionally the mobile market in Ireland is effectively a duopoly - whether by design or by accident - and as such has the highest ARPU in Europe of any of the mobile networks. By contrast, competition in Italy between the networks is far fiercer, thus resulting in better value to the customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

I think O2 seem to have a (major) problem with Vodafone companies in other countries anyway. You can't txt anyone on Vodafone Netherlands but they can txt you. Don't bother asking them to do something coz it doesn't work.

It's not much use to me now anyway coz you can't txt me in Japan and I can't txt Europe or America :-(

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I signed up for the Vodafone Performer tariff and have a Nokia 6610. Now I find that they are adding just over €9 per month for GPRS option. Yet there is no mention of it in their brochure nor did I request it. Can I still use the "mobile Internet" or WAP without it?

Advertisement