Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oh the humanity!

Options
  • 23-09-2003 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the internet's largest collection of exotic car crash photos. We have over 2,000 exotic cars that have been wrecked, categorized and filed for your viewing enjoyment

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by SearrarD
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Dont think that is appropiate in here. My Brother in Law and his friend were killed recently in a car crash.

Not one bit funny:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I find this to be seriously distressing!!!! On the 2/9/03 my baby brother was killed in a horrific car crash a good family friend was also killed & my father who was also in the car was thankfully unhurt!

I hope to god you never ever lose anyone you love in such a horrific manor! I feel that people like you who "enjoy" looking at smashed up cars are VERY SICK! Imagine how you would feel if you had to identify a brother.

Very sick indeed! I hope this post gets moderated ASAP! Lots of people have lost loved ones or have been involoved in car smashes, looking at smashed up cars is sick! BTW is there a site for smashed up mangled bodies?????????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I don't think the poster had any malicious intent in his posting.

There are lots of TV shows dealing with horrific accidents, car crashes etc, as well as numerous internet sites. Perhaps the more people see them, the more they'll appreciate the need for extra care on our roads....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I know the original poster, and I know that he didn't have any malice in posting that. The website doesn't actually portray any death or any human casualties of car crashes. It just shows the damage done to cars, and although it is understandable that these images would be disturbing to someone that had lost someone in a car crash, the main thrust behind this website is, I feel, to demonstrate the destruction of some of the pinnacles of engineering (i.e those lovely cars).

It's a bit like watching television shows that demonstrate the destruction of expensive equipment, such as demolition derbys. Many people have a fascination with this kind of imagery, and this website is merely a reflection of that fascination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

allthough I myself was literally 2 or 3cm away from being killed in a car crash and have lost people to car crashes, i do think that website is good because it really shows the kind of damage that cars receive and therefore you can imagine the damage it does to people so to that end i think its a good education.

People need to be shown the horrific consequences of driving whilst drunk, speeding or driving dangerously. Its the only way to really get the message accross that cars are incredibly dangerous because people just dont think until they see pictures like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

People need to be shown the horrific consequences of driving whilst drunk, speeding or driving dangerously. Its the only way to really get the message accross that cars are incredibly dangerous because people just dont think until they see pictures like that.

I find this to be highly offensive! Are you implying my brother was drunk or driving dangerously?????

What about the pictures that show fire men or ambulence crew??

I also feel that the subject heading should give an indication as to the subject matter so if it causes offence or extreme upset (as in my case) you can avoid looking at said material.

Oh the humanity as a sujbect heading gives no idication of what the subect matter is! If it had said smashed up cars I could have avoided looking at this post! Please in future make sure subject headings fully explain the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Originally posted by FAYESY
    I find this to be highly offensive! Are you implying my brother was drunk or driving dangerously?????

Right look, I never implied any of that and i dont see how you could take up my comments that way. I am truly sorry that you have lost your brother, I have lost members of my family and friends to road crashes and myself was very very close to being killed in one, I barely got out of that wreck with my life. My point was that I think stronger education to drivers in ireland should take the form of material like that is on that website to educate them to slow down and drive better.

I do agree that maybe a better thread title that warned people about the content of that link should have been used because obviously people are going to be upset if they see that kind of stuff. However, I for one didnt mean any harm/disrespect to you and I dont think anyone else did either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

...and perhaps people should calm down a little. FAYESY perhaps you shouldn't take someones comment that was hardly directed at you or your family personally, pclancy was making a general statement.

As pclancy said, a lot of us have lost people or had people seriously injured in car accidents, so no offence has been intended to any1 at any point.

The thread, whilst tasteless is purely in the nature of rubbernecking, not laughing at mocking or making fun.

so, I think calming down is the order of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by FAYESY
    Oh the humanity as a sujbect heading gives no idication of what the subect matter is! If it had said smashed up cars I could have avoided looking at this post! Please in future make sure subject headings fully explain the subject matter.

Did you click on the link?

The title reflected imho what was the destruction of such a amazing piece of engineering....i clearly described the link and left it up to the viewer.....

I'm sorry that some posters found grief in the related subject matter yet with all death there are items/pictures/subjects that will recall that former loved one....

I happened to take a different look at the subject at hand and shared it on boards...
    As pclancy said, a lot of us have lost people or had people seriously injured in car accidents, so no offence has been intended to any1 at any point.

rubbernecking it was......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement