Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVCHOST is giving me jip

Options
  • 23-09-2003 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I keep keep this error on both of my computers and my brothers the PC i am using now I only went online for the first time last week and i have never used it for emails

Please see attached Jpg

How do i fix this

Declan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

You don't necessarily have the worm - I didn't, but people who have it are spamming your machine with crap causing the svchost errors.

Get a firewall, and patch the vulnerability :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

sounds like you have the Welchia virus

download the following and run it on your pc's

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.removal.tool.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

svchost errors always seemed to occur just before the virus hit.

patch your pc with the ms security patch and run the removal tool just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I have downloaded these virus removel tools and Im now using Norton 2004 and the things are still coming back

where are they coming from and how do i stop them

" damn those virus makers ! damn them all to hell "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

it's not just enough to run the virus tools and install anti-virus

as these virus's spread without user interfention you need to go to the windows update page and install all the critical security patches this way they can't affect you

Originally posted by the Guru
    I have downloaded these virus removel tools and Im now using Norton 2004 and the things are still coming back

where are they coming from and how do i stop them

" damn those virus makers ! damn them all to hell "

Get a firewall up and running ..free firewalls include tiny personal firelwall & sygate i believe is also free?

Then apply patches. Run all the critical updates listed by 'windows update'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

What do you recommend as a good firewall ????

Originally posted by the Guru
    What do you recommend as a good firewall ????

Many of the folks on here have praised sygate recently.

Advertisement