Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here know about Joysticks?

• 23-09-2003 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get either
    a.) MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2
    b.) Saitek X45.

The Sidewinder has forcefeedback, the Saitek doesn't.
    But the saitek has a separate throttle stick.
    Bit of a love triangle going on.
    Any opinions on either of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Logitech WingMan® Extreme™ Digital 3D

103.gif

€20 in Dixons when I got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

thanks koneko. I'm looking to spend around €100 tho'.

I did see this one here but at around €350, it might be a little too much!
    I probably wouldn't be allowed into my house with that!

Thanks,

K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

hehehehehe :rolleyes: joysticks

Originally posted by Kold
    hehehehehe :rolleyes: joysticks

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I've had the sidewinder 2 for over a year now & I have to say it really really rocks...buy it now cause they have already stopped making them :(

• Advertisement

ah but does that mean that a new one will be out soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boardsonic

eh..........no.....microsoft is getting out of the game of joysticks altogether....so get your skates on & buy a discounted sidewinder 2 from your local pc shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Just got an X45 from gameplay.co.uk

It's pretty good, sturdy, lots of buttons. I considered getting an FF stick, but I worry about what the effect of them on your wrists and fingers might be.

I've been playing Il-2 a good bit with it, it really is nice to use. Worth the cash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the saitek ones kick ass dude, buy buy buy,
    had the older versions couple years back, can't remember the names but its worth the money just to have them sitting there on your desk, even if you don't use em, they just look so badd ass

o, they work pretty good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I bought a saitek cyborg 3d platinum in pc world ( of all places ) for E 50,and man is it good,it's the sweetst thing for flying jets and choppers in DC.Highly recommended.

CombatCow

• Advertisement

ah I bought a Sidewinder 2 in the end.
    I couldn't find an irish reseller that stocked the Saitek x45.

It seems pretty good although I need to test the force feedback as it is doing odd things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 J K Partridge

Hey guys - I have a sidewinder 2 but the problem is that it pluggs into the gameport NOT USB

I did some enquires and was told microsoft don't support gameports and this is why it is working intermittently.

Is this complete poppycock or is my sidewinder doomed for the bin?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

where did you get the sidewinder...I haven't seen a sidewinder witha gameport in years... & how much did you pay for it???? you could try downloading the latest sidewinder drivers which might help, I've got the usb version & that works a treat :horned:

Originally posted by J K Partridge
    Hey guys - I have a sidewinder 2 but the problem is that it pluggs into the gameport NOT USB

I did some enquires and was told microsoft don't support gameports and this is why it is working intermittently.

Is this complete poppycock or is my sidewinder doomed for the bin?:(

I thought the 2 only came with USB. I have a Sidewinder one that used the gameport but just had to get a sidewinder II that uses USB.
    The gameport is no longer supported by MS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 J K Partridge

Sorry its a bleedin wingman - my mistake - but the question I had was - is there anybody out there using gameport joysticks on WinXP - is this a runner ??

FYI the joystick looks very similar to the one on the picture earlier in the thread

Advertisement