Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALF LIFE2 - When?

Options
  • 23-09-2003 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

I know this has been asked a millions times before, but its nearly sep 30th, and i have not seen one bit of Advertising in shops etc?
    Most shops will be recieving confirmation of delivery soon, so if anyone knows any insider info, it would be great!!
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Theres advertisements in the states for the game to be released with the 9800XT as a double pack for 399 dollars on September 30th, very much doubt its going to be out on that date, its looking more like november now

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It hasn't gone gold yet to my knowledge so sept 30th is unlikely.

It's possible in theory that once it goes gold that it'll go up on steam right away, but afaik Valve (or Gabe anyway) have said that it'll be available on both Steam and retail stores at the same time.

Besides which, I have my doubts about Steam, especially considering the amount of people that will be trying to download the game at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

would valve keep it a secret that it's gone gold?

cos it would be great to see it out on sept 30th with no warning cept for when they told us sept 30th at E3

after all they did manage to keep the game a total secret for 4 and a half years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

As far as play.com are concerned they'll be shipping it on Sept 30th 2003, only £26.99stg too!

• Advertisement

same with gameplay.com

fingers crossed it will happen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you'd read some of the half-life fan sites, you'd see that steam has been downloading encrypted copies of Half-Life 2 to users who have already paid. These are not complete copies, just missing the exe or something like that. As for the release date, Gabe Newell and most from Valve have said that it will be out on the 20th. Also, in the new copy of PCZone, there is a quote that is basically this:

PCZ: When's it out?
    Bloke From Valve: September 30th
    PCZ: And the release date is?
    BFV: The 30th of September
    PCZ: So when will it be out?
    BFV: I just told you 10 seconds ago.

Something along those lines anyway (from memory)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Tuesday's a bit of a wierd day to release a game on innit? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Jazz
    Tuesday's a bit of a wierd day to release a game on innit? :confused:

I was thinking the same, but there is no real reason why not too... Sonic 2 was released on a Tuesday or Sonic Twosday... Ahh back in the day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Arken Thell

Sonic 2 was released on a Tuesday cos it was th eanniversary of the first sonic game being released or somethng very similar. I rember it quite well. Normally gamesget released on a Friday so it's most likely that HL2 will be released either the friday before sept 30th or the first friday in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ho hum,i'll try and find out on friday from an inside soure if it will be released on tuesday.i hope to christ it will,as for valve keeping it a secret that it's gone gold - thats a hopeful possability.and it being released on a tuesday - can happen.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

anyone tell me if it will work with these specs ? or have a guess :)

amd athlon xp 1800
    gf 4 ti4200 64 mb
    512 mb 2100 ram

any ideas of how well it would run ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Tusky
    anyone tell me if it will work with these specs ? or have a guess :)

amd athlon xp 1800
    gf 4 ti4200 64 mb
    512 mb 2100 ram

any ideas of how well it would run ?

Yeah it runs at something like 38fps on a ti4600 seemingly... Try running Aquamark and see what ya get, seemingly its a good way to guage performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Game said its looking like just before x-mass or end of november

Game retailers do NOT know when it's out. Vivendi does not know when it's out. There are many rumours going around at the moment. Few if any have been proved. The bottom line is this:

Valve say Half-Life 2 will be available on September 30th. That's is the way it's been since it's been announced. This may not mean it will be available in shops, but that is just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Vivendi does not know when it's out.
    True.

And Yeah ''rasTa'' Game say a lot of things.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

by www.bluesnews.com
    Shacknews has finally received official word that Half-Life 2 will not be making its planned release date of September 30, something a quick glance at the calendar can confirm. Here's the quote from Valve's Doug Lombardi:

The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

just knew it would take longer...regardless of the planned release date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Holiday release eh?

HALLOWEEN!!

..yeah right

http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Taken from Ign

"Doug Lombardi, Valve Software's director of marketing, confirmed with us today that Valve has decided to delay Half-Life 2 from it's original slated September 30th release. The official word is that Valve Software is "targeting a holiday release," the same timeframe previously stated by publisher Vivendi. No specific in-store release date has been announced at this point."

Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Playing through it again and its still great, everything about it from the AI to the still decent graphics, the gameplay and the sense of 'jeez look how far i've made it' you get from playing it. The desperation of those who refuse to go on (I wonder how long those hiding places lasted) & little things like the first time you see daylight in the game, or when your jumping around cliffs fighting helicopters and you stop to think about when you were still climbing through elevator shafts hitting head crabs with the crowbar! Still the best first person shooter on the market, and i dont mind waiting for HL2 even if its only half as good.. (no pun intended)

Falgorn

Advertisement