Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ya heard it here first

• 23-09-2003 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow a new software dev company for Galway will be announced. Target is three thousand jobs for this time next year, not sure on the requisite skillsets etc or the name but it will be in Oranmore and are gonna need alot of people kinda smartish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

3,000 you say

hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hope it's not one of those "Mata Harney gets to announce 3000 jobs but there will only be 1000"

Still, even that would be a good thing.

I'm thinking of moving to Galway in 2006 so I'll keep my beady eye on the first item on RTE news tomorrow evening (sceptre buys the Guardian as a rule so it'll be 6pm when I hear)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Give us the lotto numbers for tomorrow nite will ya marty ;)

That would be great news, Galway has/is loosing a lot of software heads.

Of the company I worked for that went to the wall only 10 of the 56 are now in Galway. Sign of the times

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Marty, you would want to smash that crystal ball!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

No word as of yet... you sure it's not the 350 jobs SAP are supposed to be creating?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

any IT jobs in ireland would be good news
    3000 seems alot though
    maybe its 300!!!
    id def move to galway as it would be way cheaper than dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

3000?

*raises eyebrow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭124124

Is it?

From this article, it looks like it.
    Making the announcement the Tánaiste said: "The decision by SAP to locate in Galway is very welcome news. This announcement consolidates recent successes of IDA Ireland with, on average, one new project per week being announced over the first quarter of 2003. In that time, fourteen new IDA-supported investments, totalling in excess of €220 million and creating over 3,000 new jobs, have been announced."

Advertisement