Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oink Oink !!!! Pigsback.com

Options
  • 23-09-2003 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Pigsback.com are now an ISP, more details here

27 hrs for €9.99

outside of that
    additional calls
    peak : 3.8c
    off-peak : 0.95c

Chargeable calls have a fixed setup fee of 3.87c per call

Calls to technical support are free, 10% of your monthily spend is rewarded in piggy points ... oink !!! oink !!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Who's their network partner? Did I hear it was Esat?*

adam

*HOWTO Turn People Off In One Easy Post!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Who's their network partner? Did I hear it was Esat?*

adam

I believe it is UTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

UTV it is, bk. The story was on ENN way back in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Yeah but UTV aren't their network partner - UTV simply resell Esat's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm confussed now. I thought UTV resold Esat's DSL product, but their UTVip plans and CPS were carried over Energis' network.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I'm confussed now. I thought UTV resold Esat's DSL product, but their UTVip plans and CPS were carried over Energis' network.

adam

Hmm, I thought they used Energis for their telephony and CPS and Eircom Wholesale for their DSL.

I'd see no reason why they would have to go through Esat for their DSL, RADSL doesn't require too much network setup, unike the other ADSL products.

RADSL just requires an ACL from the closest Eircom Regional DSL Pop to UTV HQ, the internal routing gear at UTV HQ and bandwidth to the rest of the internet (through INEX peering etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

UTV use energis for UTVip XL and for phone calls.

UTV use esat and eircom for DSL, from my conversations with them if you are on an esat enabled exchange you can get a product from them via esat. Otherwise its from eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by MDR
    Pigsback.com are now an ISP, more details here

27 hrs for €9.99

outside of that
    additional calls
    peak : 3.8c
    off-peak : 0.95c

Chargeable calls have a fixed setup fee of 3.87c per call

Calls to technical support are free, 10% of your monthily spend is rewarded in piggy points ... oink !!! oink !!!!

Ohhhh, I'm on the pigs back after hearing this news!

Gimme some piggy points!

More seriously though, I heard that they also offer ADSL, tried looking at there site for some info but I might as well have been trying to chase a slippery pig in shít around a sty.

Advertisement