Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I never said there should be, i'm simply pointing out a dual standard thing. that if someone were to organise such an event a large part of the gay community would label them a homophobic nazi. and *** what you're encouraging there is a dual standard between heterosexuality and homosexuality. They should be the same, and they SHOULD be treated as such. i mean really, what difference does it make as to whether someone is straight or gay or bi other than in their choice of partners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

They should be the same, and they SHOULD be treated as such. i mean really, what difference does it make as to whether someone is straight or gay or bi other than in their choice of partners?

Should be but aren't. That's the problem. We don't live in a perfect world. And, again, heterosexuality is the presumed norm. That's why you can't compare.

What difference does it make? It shouldn't. But it does. Yeah, tolerance and political correctness are big these days, but let me ask you something - ever heard people getting insulted because someone thought they were straight? Ever heard the word straight being used as an insult? Thought not. And that's the difference. Small things, but important ones.
    that if someone were to organise such an event a large part of the gay community would label them a homophobic nazi.
    What makes you think that? I can't see why anyone would have such an opinion - but I can also see why people would object to it. Not because said organiser would be a 'homophobic nazi', but because, for the reasons I've pointed out, there wouldn't be much of a point to it.

*** i know of a number of gay people who believe there is no point to pride and that its completely pointless. but the simple fact is there would be uproar. and if you think otherwise its being naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by crash_000
    *** i know of a number of gay people who believe there is no point to pride and that its completely pointless.
    And likewise there are a lot of people who think there *is* a point to it.

but the simple fact is there would be uproar. and if you think otherwise its being naive.
    Pay attention. *points to last post* I recognised that people would object to it - but not for the reasons you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Employers should ALWAYS be looking for the best candidate for the job, be they male or female, and if a minority or a underrepresented group get higher over a much better qualified majority member, that is out and out WRONG.
    B]

Hee hee. I was being really lazy and so just kinda skimming his last paragraph. I misread it somehow so that it made neil look so very prejudice......I thought you were saying that "if a minority or an underrepresented group get higher" over anyone else (even if they are better qualified) "that is out and out WRONG". hee.

• Advertisement

I'm bored. so I decided to show everyone what Neil wrote before he realised it made him look a little too pro-feminist. Honest, this was really up on boards. yes, I have too much free time.
    Sure anyways, women are second class citizens. They are only here to gratify the male's sexual needs. I also enjoy a nice meal 3 times a day, a clean home, many children (which the female must slave over). All women must do their best to appeal to men in whatever ways they can. If you've got nice hair, make sure it's on display for any potential husbands....because remember, nobody will ever take you seriously if you don't have a husband or boyfriend to confer with before forming any opinions.

Ah, the glory days of CTYI 2001.....

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

on the subject of comparing women to 'lower' things:

heh heh. funny 'hazardous materials sheet'

Hey, sweet! I was sure Neil was gonna kill me for that post.....perhaps I was voicing his true opinions. I shall use this new found power to destroy you all!.....or maybe I'll just watch tv.....meh, whichever is easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I have strong opinions about most things. Whats yhe point of having an opinion if its not a strong one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement