Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League cup ?

Options
  • 23-09-2003 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭

As a top team in a country should u take it very seiously and put out ur first team or use it as a chance to show off younsters and fringe players ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Definitely use your fringe/reserve players.

In fact, I usually go outta my way to be knocked out early as it's just one more pointless game to wear your players out later in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

I usualy just include the reserve team in the squad for league cups and give them a few first team games, keep em happy etc. but it isnt important at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Yep its definitely one for the fringe and reserve players. If you've a small first team squad and ye need them all to stay fit and healthy then save them for the important legaue and CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

well i used fringe players till i got to the semi- final and im 1-0 up so is it worth playing my strongest side for 2 games to win it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, if you have gotten that far there's no harm in playing your first team.
    No league cup in Spain, just the Spanish cup and I'll play reserves in that unless I draw Real Madrid, Espanyol, Betis, Deportivo or Valencia, then I field a strong team just for prides sake. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I got to the Semi-Finals with Man Utd Reserves/U-19s in both the FA Cup and League Cup. My reserves even beat Everton in the Quarters of the LC and Fulham in 6th round of the FA. Now it looks as if I'm going to at least get the domestic treble.

Advertisement