Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computers gone haywire..

• 24-09-2003 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Booted computer about 2hrs ago, and invision did its usual port checking.. but when I checked the open ports this time round, there was about 5 trojan's installed. So I used Trojan remover to close the ports, and then got Spyware Adware remover, which also works as a keylogger/trojan remover. So I ran this, and about 160 components were found. After a brief scan through what these were, And seeing nothing system-crucial, I pressed the delete button.

It then gave me an error, said it couldnt delete some things,and the program closed itself.

Now,some of my WindowBlinds graphics went and vanished, and whenever I attempt to open a program, it runs windows installer, and tries to install "FMV V4.24" , and then it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource and is unavailible. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to the folder containing the installation package 'FMV4Installer.msi' in the box below

Does anybody have a clue whats happening here?
    I havent opened any unknown executables... bar of course spyware adware remover, but it seemed fairly legit.

Also, one thing I cant get rid of is Remote Storm. Anybody got any clue how I can rid myself of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

You might aswell format and be more carefull next time. Those trojans are hard to get rid of and usually if you manage to get rid of them they always leave some files behind etc.

Advertisement