Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem......

Options
  • 12-06-1999 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I formatted my harddrive and reinstalled windows 98.

However, anytime I go to open a game which uses opengl (e.g Quake and Tribes) the game takes around 2 - 3 minutes to start.

When I try to run GLquake the console comes up and freezes on this line..... "Sound Initialization" stays like that for around 3 mins and then starts loading normally.

But when this happens once, i.e the first time I go to open a game, when I go to open another one after it loads up nomally.

I think its one of 3 things.

My STB nVidia TNT settings or adapter
    My SoundBlaster Live
    or a problem with windows memory settings.

I tried many different driversets for the TNT card and nothing changes.
    I tried the drivers I got with the SB live and the latest ones - and nothing changed.

If anyone knows a solution or an idea can you please post here.

Thanks
    bubbles

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 12-06-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daaaaa

Same thing happened to me when I got this poxy tnt2 ultra about 2 weeks ago. I just used the tnt detonator drivers and it seemed to work fine after wards. Catch ya on irc and give ya it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Thanks for the Daaa.

But I downloaded the detonator drivers (since I knew I would see you in IRC for some reason smile.gif ) And the problem is still there.

Anyone else have any ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

its the video card it happens to a lot of ppl i dont think you can do anything about it but i could be proved wrong once again ;P

Advertisement