Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice

• 24-09-2003 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Have a read and say what you think.

Last Saturday, I went to fundraiser - which involved getting dressed up and basically $hitfaced for the purpose of charity.

I'd broken up with my girlfriend some four weeks back so was in no real mood for bringing a female companion. Besides, most of my friends were going stag and I was only to happy to spend some quality time with the lads. But the night before my friend set me up with this girl to bring, initially I was hesitant as I didn’t know this girl and its not as if I was short of female friends that I could have brought. Nonetheless I agreed.

Things started off great, she was so beautiful. We yapped away for hours on the journey there and over dinner, we had an incredible amount in common - that it actually made me think this has to be fate. I even made her sides ache with my crap jokes - I didn’t mind as her boobies were trying to escape from her dress. But as the night progress, the lads dragged me away for some drinking games. Which was rather stupid on my part as she only knew two people there, other than me. So she must of thought I was a right gimp for neglecting her for an hour or so.

When I came back, I was still rather sober so it wasn’t as if I’d made a arse of myself while drinking. She went off to the toilets with her friend and when they came back, they said they had to go and gave no reason. She thanked me for the night and promptly left. What makes it even more extraordinary, the place was miles from where she lives so it would have been rather costly to taxi it home.

I feel like such a fool after I just let her leave like that. So I sent a text message, apologising for the night an hour or so after she left. I’ve received no reply since. I’d really like to see her again and hopefully make it up to her. Do you reckon I should give her a text again, or do you reckon she didn’t reply for a genuine reason, i.e she doesn’t want to see me again? Bear in mind, I really like this girl but I cant say if the feeling is mutual.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

There could well have been a valid reason but in my opinion all signs point to the fact that you left her on her own to go off drinking with the lads.
    You were getting on great all night, obviously hitting it off, then you just disappear.

or else her friend might have told her you were crap in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

RING her. Don't Text - it's the easy way out and she won't appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

move on buddy there is plenty more out there u loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

If you wanna see her again send her some flowers and a note asking her out for dinner. Tell her you were an absolute fool and that you want to make it up to her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

what is the story with this texting business?
    I would consider it bad manners myself,
    ring and speak to her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by stupid
    Have a read and say what you think.

Last Saturday, I went to fundraiser - which involved getting dressed up and basically $hitfaced for the purpose of charity.

I'd broken up with my girlfriend some four weeks back so was in no real mood for bringing a female companion. Besides, most of my friends were going stag and I was only to happy to spend some quality time with the lads. But the night before my friend set me up with this girl to bring, initially I was hesitant as I didn’t know this girl and its not as if I was short of female friends that I could have brought. Nonetheless I agreed.

Things started off great, she was so beautiful. We yapped away for hours on the journey there and over dinner, we had an incredible amount in common - that it actually made me think this has to be fate. I even made her sides ache with my crap jokes - I didn’t mind as her boobies were trying to escape from her dress. But as the night progress, the lads dragged me away for some drinking games. Which was rather stupid on my part as she only knew two people there, other than me. So she must of thought I was a right gimp for neglecting her for an hour or so.

When I came back, I was still rather sober so it wasn’t as if I’d made a arse of myself while drinking. She went off to the toilets with her friend and when they came back, they said they had to go and gave no reason. She thanked me for the night and promptly left. What makes it even more extraordinary, the place was miles from where she lives so it would have been rather costly to taxi it home.

I feel like such a fool after I just let her leave like that. So I sent a text message, apologising for the night an hour or so after she left. I’ve received no reply since. I’d really like to see her again and hopefully make it up to her. Do you reckon I should give her a text again, or do you reckon she didn’t reply for a genuine reason, i.e she doesn’t want to see me again? Bear in mind, I really like this girl but I cant say if the feeling is mutual.

YOu should have rang her, don't text, it's like you are afraid or you don't really give a ****. You probably can still give it a go, give her a ring and tell her how you felt and that you are sorry about the drinking games. Ask her if she would like to go out again (without your friends) perhaps for a meal or a few drinks or cinema or something. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

She probably got annoyed over being left for an hour while you went off for a drinking game with your mates!!!

I agree with everyone else, just give her a call, at least then you will be able to judge her reaction, which you can't do with a text :)

Best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hold it.

You're whinging because you're date didn't sit around like a good little girl waiting for you while you left her on her tod and got rat arsed with your mates?

Explains why you were going stag no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Someone mentioned flowers and an apologetic note. If I go down that road it could get a tad messy as she is rather good friends with the nucleus of my social group, and honestly I don't know if her feelings are on the same par as mine - if she even holds any slight inclination towards me at all. After all, I’ve only met her the once and flowers could appear to be overbearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Well if you ring her and carefully apologise, and more or lessexplain the scenerio and see what her reaction is like. If she seems cool (i.e. good about it) you might suggest casually meeting up for a drink at some point (on you) to make up for it. Oh, and the sooner you ring her the better.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

I'm with the others, you showed pretty bad manners towards her. But she got annoyed with you pretty quickly...so I would guess is she was enjoying your company too and then was kicking herself for getting it so wrong and so hightailed it out of there.

Damage control (if you want to do it) has to be quick, genuine and if at all possible face to face, but if not you really should ring, don't text. Invent something if needs be - you need to see if she got home okay, something of that nature. Tell her you're sorry and work on improving your standing in her eyes. And good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

She is probably a mentalist, you are better off without her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

When I came back, I was still rather sober so it wasn’t as if I’d made a arse of myself while drinking.

You could have made an arse of yourself without realising it. You know, she could have seen you indulging in a bit of drunken decadence without your knowledge.
    Some women don't like lager louts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

like smiaras said.

best thing to do is call her apologize and tell her you'd like to make it up to her somehow but your on the re-bound by the sounds of it so if you dont get the girl this time sorry mate but these are the choices me make in like you have to deal with it and move on

you know what to do and who to choose now the next time your out with a woman and your mates want to go play drinking games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

what walls said..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Follow your heart.

I think.(always gets me in trouble though)

Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

"Ring her" :rolleyes:

I am sure if the woman in question was to post the same story everyone would be telling her to ignore you when you rang.

Isn't life wonderful.

Btw, I am pretty sure your leaving out more of the story.

Advertisement