Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First two matches announced for No Mercy (SD Spoiler)

• 24-09-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Well folks, the first matches were announced for the next SD! only PPV.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship.
    Stephanie McMahon vs. Vince McMahon in an "I Quit" match

Oh no, Didn't we see this at last years No Mercy? It sucked then, i don't think it's gonna improve outside of a Cell!

Nero.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

In his day the undertaker was a legend but he shouldn't be maiin eventing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Well,if you think he's past his prime you could be right. But maybe the backstage crew know that a Undertaker-Lesnar will draw a crowd,or ratings.

Besides,you never know what could be going on. For all we know,Takers getting one last run cos he's quitting or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by Cianan2
    Well,if you think he's past his prime you could be right. But maybe the backstage crew know that a Undertaker-Lesnar will draw a crowd,or ratings.

Besides,you never know what could be going on. For all we know,Takers getting one last run cos he's quitting or something.

You gotta me sh|tting me? Taker-Lesnar tanked at last years No Mercy, the Tag Title finals blew the rest of the PPV to bits! All Taker was last year was Meat for Lesnar's monster push. But by the time No Mercy was finished, the crowd cheered for one reason, Lesnar. He was the heel, but he was burying everyone that the fans were sick of.

Hogan (and yes, once he turned face after WMX8, his act got very stale. Him and Edge tag champions? come on, be serious!)

Rock (he got booed out of the building at least years Summerslam. He'd made it clear he'd rather concentrate on acting)

Test (for being Test)

Undertaker (for putting hardly anyone over, and burying every decent piece of WCW Talent that came over, DDP, Kanyon, Kronik, Booker T (who i can't stand, but i'm in a minority there). Ask them how their careers went after their matches with the Underseller).

Calloway, in a nutshell is being dragged out for Wrestlemania XX, who'll probably win his last wrestlemania match and then retire.

And the world will be a better place.

smiaras: This is a Smackdown PPV, now when was the last time we saw an SD! PPV that wasn't McMahon hogged? And to be honest, I'd take Steph V Vince long before I'd see Undertaker V Gay Train for the millionth time :) And for the record, I thought the announcer match was amusing. Nothing made me laugh more than Coach squealing "not the face, not the face!!!", the annoying thing was they didn't get ANYONE to announce it. I thought Bischoff and Austin would have been hilarious doing that.

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

undertaker still draws!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

What's happended to Booker T these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Sposs
    What's happended to Booker T these days?

Injured due back int he next couple of months i think which is a shame cause he was finally getting a decent push before he picked up his injury

a-hole:
    Undertaker still draws? Are you on crack?!
    Thats why he was one match away from the opening match at the biggest event of this year, right? Calloway is crippled, and has had more leg and hip injuries in the last five years than HHH, and thats VERY difficult to do. Vince is milking him for all he can at this point. He wouldn't put Cena over at Vengeance, proceeded to put him over on SmackDown (whoppedy doo!) and Undertaker then makes it to Summerslam, Cena doesn't even make Heat before Summerslam!

Booker T injured himself in a House show just over a month ago and as a result, dropped the belt to Christian. He's due back in mid October and i reckon he'll be feuding with Christian again to get the belt back for Survivor Series (Which will be both RAW and Smackdown).

Nero.

i know undertaker is crippled, i know he only put 3 people over in his career but people still pay to see him fight. He has a ledegand status like flare, hogan and stone cold that no mather how bad he is just do a few signiture moves and he'll still entertane.

But i do agree they are dragging his career out.

Putting Undertaker in the same catagory as flair? Stop me from falling to the floor in fits of laughter. Undertaker hasn't done half the amount that Flair has done for the sports entertainment business.

Putting him in the same catogory as Hogan just isn't right as Hogan had a huge part in making the business what it is today. All Calloway has done in partake in really bad angles and screw anyone that came from WCW. He wishes he could draw heat the way Hogan did during the first phase of the nWo period at his turn at Bash at The Beach. I'm just curious as to why you feel UT is a legend?

Same for Austin. I don't think he's a legend, at least not yet. However he played a huge part in getting WWF back on top during the monday night wars in the late 90s.
    By the way.... no legend walks out on the job. Remember that wasn't a work.

• Advertisement

seen taker on sd and he looks good and the croude were up for him spose there just happy to see someone apart from brock Vsw angle

among the attidude eara fans (which is when i startrd watching wrestling ) undertaker is seen as a legend. among fans who saw flare in early 90's wcw your right taker isint a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he was so much better as a heel. this american hero image he has had for a few years is really stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

The big thing to happen on SD was the begining of the Angle-Cena feud, this is something I've looked for for a while as I belive that Cena can be a big player in WWE. You'd be 99% certain that this will be a match at NM and it'll blow all the others out of the water.

Undertaker is approcahing the end of his time and I expect that this is his last big push. whether you like the Dead Man or not he's drawn big crowds for years. I expect that this will become some kind of gimmick match (Cage/Cell/No DQ etc.)

Steph Vs Vince? Which actual wrestlers will be bumped for this fiasco?

I'd like to see Taker go out like Foley,in an I quit hell in a cell match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'm gonna stick up for the undertaker, (he's one of my all time favourite wrestlers so i'm being biased here). His match with angle on smackdown last month was fantastic, as were both his matches with cena, to just write him of is incredibly lazy.

On him burying "DDP, Kanyon, Kronik, Booker T", that's not much of an argument, there's not a wrestler in his position that woulda put over those guys(maybe, just maybe booker t), i doubt the apparant wcw beating was from him, but rather from vince mcmahon who's not wcw's biggest fan, and also happens to be a huge undertaker fan.

Despite his slowing down i'd still rather watch him than quite a few of the people on both rosters at the moment.

Originally posted by Cianan2
    I'd like to see Taker go out like Foley,in an I quit hell in a cell match.

Lol can you imagine the outcome? Foley accidently goes through the cage while someone plays a tape of him screaming "I QUIT!"

Yeah, i can smell the buyrate already! ;)
    Nero

No,i think i meant to say a "You beat me and i'll quit,or i beat you and get your title" match.

Advertisement