Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to get a GBA SP

• 24-09-2003 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Im still not convinced to get a GBA SP, i had a GBA before but it was lost in a tragic accident, can anyone convince me, oh and bout Ruby, i was playin Crystal the other day and i was wondering how different ruby would be, is there any main differences or is it like as Yellow was to red/blue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

I think the GBA or GBA SP are a ripp-off, as they are basically reselling Super Nintendo games for the price of Gamecube ones, and not advaning the technology! :mad:

Give it about a year and we should have better handhelds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

GBA/SP games can be got pretty cheaply off the net. I wouldn't bother buying them from the likes of game/gamesworld though, they charge way too much.

The SP's backlight is nice of course. I recommend you check out Wario Ware and Advance Wars/Advance Wars 2. Good games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

You wont want an SP if you use headphones tho.

Yes, crystal is to Ruby and Sapphire what Yellow was to Red and Blue basically (he's talking about pokemon, in case ye're wondering)

The best reason to get a GBA ..in three words..

Final Fantasy Tactics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by bloggs
    I think the GBA or GBA SP are a ripp-off, as they are basically reselling Super Nintendo games for the price of Gamecube ones, and not advaning the technology! :mad:

Give it about a year and we should have better handhelds.

well actually, they did advance the technology. they made it pocket size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by smiaras
    GBA has to be bought for Pokemon Ruby/ Saphire. How sad do I sound, but after playing for five minutes I couldn't put it down. Put in somehing like 40 or 50 hours before clocking it. Sad, sad man.

Man, they're really good games, although Nintendo has been more or less reusing the same game for the last seven years. You don't have to be ashamed to admit it, they're damn well addictive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by Kairo
    You wont want an SP if you use headphones tho.

Why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got a GBA sp recently, well worth it, just bought the starter pack(logic3) it has headphone adapter, carry pack, headphones, USB charger(:)) and some other stuff for 15 quid

Anyway compared with the original gba, the sp owns in terms of shape and light.

Its worth the money easy.

ps. are we gonna have some muppets harping on about the headphone thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thats what i was wondering i didnt mind spending the 2 quid on the adapter (although they should bundel it with it ;) )

I wonder are there some people who think u cannt use headphones with a SP.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I have GBA and GBA SP and I find the GBA SP a lot better, as it has a backlight, and rechargable battery, and charger.

Now, I don't mean to instigate some muppetry by saying about the headphones, but if I recall correctly, it was said (documentation in the SP box, I think) that there would be a special headphone converter yoke that would plug into the same port that the main goes into, and as far as I know, it does work. And yes, I do have that GBA SP starter set, I have a GBA starter set also (I really begin to wonder how I can afford all that, plus the games at times!).

PS: If this info is in any way wrong, I apologise in advance, and I'll accept all taunts of being called a muppet as punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i had a gba, i sold it . I dont know, i didnt like it. screen was too small. It was good though, i mean i remember playing street fighter 2 turbo with my friend in class during some maths lecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm going to the States in a couple of weeks, and intend to pick up an SP for $99 (about €90). It'll cost me a bit extra on top of that for a european charger, but it still works out alot cheaper than buying it in ripoff ireland.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by Placebo
    i mean i remember playing street fighter 2 turbo with my friend in class during some maths lecture.

Know the feeling. mario kart during a really boring maths physics lecture!

Advertisement