Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Coltrane meets Aphex Twin!

Options
  • 24-09-2003 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Jazz for the 21st century is the theme for a Double Bill Gig at the "Boom Boom Room" this Thursday 25th Sept. The two acts sharing the bill on the night are "The Bukos Experience" and "The Musically challenged Guitar Duo", both containing some serious musicianship! "The Bukos Experience" are Tom Prior (Double Bass), Dennis Cassidy (Drums,..Dollar Short), Barry Brady (Guitars) and Matt Burrell (Tenor,Alto Sax) and their music is Jazz based with Drum 'n' Bass beats...Jazz for 2003. Its refreshing to see young bands experimenting with tried and tested genres. All musicians are currently studying at Newpark college of Music and this is a great opportunity to see them in their element! Not to be missed.
    In a similar vein, "The Musically Challenged Guitar Duo" are all about bending musical rules (what rules?) and pushing the boundries of genre stereotypes. Influenced primarily by "Robert Fripp" and his league of crafty guitarists as well as "John McLaughlin" of Mahivishnu Orchestra fame, duo Derek Whyte and Eoin Huges explore the Guitar as an instrument of great scope and breadth. This is what it's all about!
    If you are at all interested in Music and are looking for some good music please try to make this gig at the Boom Boom Room! Cheers.

The Boom Boom Room is located just off the top of O'Connell Street above Patrick Conways Pub.
    70 Parnell Street
    Dublin 1.
    Admission is only 5 euro.
    Doors 8:30Pm
    As this is a double Bill the gig will start early:
    approx 9pm, so come early!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

sounds cool, allowed to take photographs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Yes, you are allowed to take photos. If its with a digital camera I'd love to get some copies! i'd love some copies anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont often wish I lived in or near Dublin but this is sort of thing I'd like to see/hear....! :)

Mike.

Advertisement