Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AXA Tracksure BIG GRRRRRRRRR

Options
  • 24-09-2003 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I signed up to AXA's tracksure scheme last year, I have gone the year and now have my NCB of 20%

The insurance at the time was set at 2800 + 1200 for installation of the device, on 1L Starlet. The 2800 included 3rd party fire and theft along with windscreen cover and few other little things, aswell as the NCB meant to be going 20-50-70% over the 3year contract.

The reason I took this insurance was that it should work out cheaper, only other place at the time was quinn direct for 5000. 1L Provisonal Licence.

Yesterday I got a renewal quote for 3590 for JUST 3rd party,
    which basically means I am now 1years no claims 20% and yet it is costing me MORE than last year, and a just under a grand over what i was told i would pay for the second year. (this is a lot of money to me, as I don't have much at all at the min)

The upside is, when i was getting the insurance I made the woman selling it to me to write it all down years and prices and sign + date it.

So I have my signed contract and a list of what I should be paying for this my 2nd year, around 2700 for third party fire and theft, windscreen cover etc.

So was on the phone to them yesterday, and they were saying they couldn't explain it, they also gave me €98 credit for some reason even tho i'm only with the the one year.
    So they said they'd check it out and call me back, this was around 2pm, they have said this before and generally takes less than half hour, but never called back.

Anyhew, still no word today so going down to their branch that i bought the insurance from (Athy) and see what the hell there playing at, in college at the min.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them, any advice on how to proceed.

Didn't want to go with AXA bad rep from a lot of people I had talked to, but it was the only one i could afford at the time, and still can IF i get what i was promised. Really pissed as this was how it was sold to me, peace of mind etc, wont have to worry how much the insurance will be for next year if your accident free.

Waiting near a year now for my test, honestly didn't think it would take this long, thought i would have have been given notice at least durning the summer, guess have to ring up and say how i actually need my car like all those other gimps that on provisonals for YEARS have done and that pushed mine back. I applied before this rush, BIG GRRRRRR and rant. ffs.

Anyhew what ya's think? Let ya know how i get on, if any cares lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Ah all sorted after two days of madness.

Axa giving me what they said they would, the cheek of taking so long, should sue for phone bill and undue stress, had a signed contract, couldn't argue with that. Even tho they tried to say that there was no way I would get what they said I was going too, all comes from head office n such.

Basically they said they had messed up on their part, saying last year I was quoted a country rate instead of Dublin city rate, even tho I only travel to IT Tallaght. And were gonna try charge more this year to recoup that! lol :D
    It was all besides the point.

Even at that I do not think this tracksure scheme is are great as it was made out. Good for the 70% noclaims nothing else. Not much cheaper and the tracking thing is a royal pain.

Got a quote from Quinn Direct for 2800 aswell before i went back to AXA, the real problem was the 3year contract, doubt I would have kept after them if I didn't have it, probally just go to with Quinn.

Ah well now have my third party, fire and theft, windscreen cover and few others for the price I was told I would get, and a set quote for next year which I will be collecting and insuring(god i didn't just write that, feel sick now) its signed in blood, stamped and dated. Crazy week so far and its not over yet.

You think I'd be happy, well middle ground at the mo, still feel I'm been ripped off, but not as bad as it was, and I won't start my full rant till I can get to take and pass my full licence test.

should get an honoury diary page for that, G'WAN BOARDS.IE lol :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Eeek, worried about this now Gid.

I'm on the tracksure system too. hehe, well I was until I wrote off my car. I'm now temporarily insured on a polo and they didn't even mention the tracking system which is now sitting in my garage.

Your right though it is a ****e policy but it's the cheapest I could get at the time.

Slaan.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Welcome to the murky world of insurance. Basically they try anything and usually get away with it.
    One word of advice - be careful of quinn. I rang them many years ago for a quote and to this day they insist that I took out a policy and owe them money (I think I know the diference between "How much..." and "I'll take it" )
    (f**kers!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 keeaumoku_tofu

Last year we were quoted 5100 euro at renewal time with AXA, which included our NCB. The year before our insurance had been 2400pounds. I don't know why it essentially doubled but we called Eagle Star and got it for 2100 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Was with axa halfed my premium simply by moving to Hibrnian and doing the ignition course, used my quote for the new premium from axa as evidence of my NCB, thanks very much AXA cyal8er

yup, I'm gonna run out my contract and get my 70% then go to someone else :) , unless they make it well worth my economic while.

That was a big part of Quinn direct, kept stressing to fax that sheet.

Advertisement