Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Artists in Galway

Options
  • 24-09-2003 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hey-lo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of the tattoo artists here in Galway. There's one down dominic street type way and another off shop street. I will of course be having a nose around both, but there's no substitute for first-hand info...so if anyone has any impart it to me here. Now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where's the one off shop street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It's a up an alley/archway nearish the bodyshop say, which also contains a Army/Navy surplus store. There's usually a guy holding a sign just outside the archway. Least there was one there. I haven't ventured in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

It's called Metalworks.However two artists they had there left about four weeks ago to go to Croatia and then on to Thailand.I don't know who,if anyone, they have got to replace them yet.I had two tattoos done there.They were good artists and if they were still here i'd recommend them.
    The shop in dominic street is called Irish Ink now afaik, used to be planet X.Never been there myself so i can't comment.

Oh, I thought that was just the peircer fella...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gabriella and Jeremey were the 2 artists in Metalworks - both excellent as Acid said (Gab did my binary - not difficult I'll grant you, but I've seen her stuff and it's spot on). Jeremey did a cool demon face kinda thing on my mates leg and it most certainly rocks.

But, they've gone away and I don't know who's replaced them (there is someone new) or what their work's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Kharn
    Gabriella and Jeremey were the 2 artists in Metalworks

Ya that's them.I've known Jeremy since he first moved to Galway.He didn't charge me for the first tattoo he done and only took €20 for the second. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

hehe ive known Gabriella for a while.
    She took alot of money off my first tattoo by her, and didnt charge for the second...its huge!
    shame she`s gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Well willeh to this then.

I got talking to some guy while on the batter the other night and he said that if you go to Metalworks then to ask for Vince. He had a tattoo from each of the places, but to be honest I was pretty damn drunk and don't remember much except that they both seemed pretty well done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

Hey there
    I would defo reccomend Irish Ink formely planet X for tats and peircins, they are reasonably priced, nice staff and loads of designs to choose from, i get mine there all the time and i am really satisfied with their work,:)

Originally posted by liz2000
    Hey there
    I would defo reccomend Irish Ink formely planet X for tats and peircins, they are reasonably priced, nice staff and loads of designs to choose from, i get mine there all the time and i am really satisfied with their work,:)

i wouldnt.....he`s filthy.

• Advertisement

i jUST READ YOUR POSTING AND HAVE TO SAY THAT I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU AND I HAPPEN TO HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH TATTOOS, I AM ON MY 19TH NOW, AND I THINK THAT WHAT YOU SAID IS UNFOUNDED BUT YOU ARE OF COURSE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AS WE ALL ARE BUT YOU SHOULDNT MAKE AN ALLEGATION LIKE THAT

Great.
    So what if you have 19. i`m a tattooist myself, abeit freelance for now.
    i`m going by what i saw, and its my opinion....and fair few peoples too.
    say what you like, im not one to start an argument.

Me not trying to get into an argument either, I just know for a fact that Irish Ink is an extrememly clean studio and you are the one who posted the quote that they were filthy, thats incredibly non professional of you, as an artist, as you say you are, why dont you wait until you are good enough to open up your own studio before you put down anyone elses,

Nice one liz, 19 tattoo's!

Personally, I've still to get a single one yet.
    But I hope to soon enough.
    Still undecided.

thanks angelwhore
    let me know if you need any advise or anything about designs or whrere to get it done, (pain factors) whatever,
    nice to meet other enthusiasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 autumn

I checked out both local studios and decided to go with Irish Ink on account of the tattoo artist Ronan's portfolio and experience. The tattoo turned out amazing so I went back for a piercing and the piercer was excellent too.
    They really know what they are doing and being that I had been to many tattoo studios worldwide and am quite honestly a very picky tattoo enthusiast I definitely have to recomend those guys.

Thanks!
    :D

hey autum
    i have to say that i totally agree with you.
    and you obvoiusly know what you are talkin about especially since u have been to studios worldwide
    cool stuff
    liz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wpdoc88

Hey, this may be a bit late to matter to you, but I would strongly recommend Vince at Metal Works. My wife and I recently had tattoos done by Vince (Late October 2003), and he was excellent. This was my wife's first tattoo, and in a very difficult and sensitive area, and Vince did a great job. Moreover, the atmosphere at Metal Works was relaxed and friendly. If you see Vince, tell him I said "Tonz Timez Ten!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Chaos_Path
    Great.
    So what if you have 19. i`m a tattooist myself, abeit freelance for now.
    i`m going by what i saw, and its my opinion....and fair few peoples too.
    say what you like, im not one to start an argument.

Can you expand on the notion of 'filthy'? What did you see there that looked dodgy?
    I'd be inclined to believe you if you're a qualified tattooist, but then again, some people have posted in that studio's defence, and your post is starting to look like it's just a bitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zyg

I'll tell you what. If you go to Irish Ink and tell Ronan that his cousin Oscar sent you, you'll get 10% off the ink work (no joke). Not that you really need a discount as his work is stellar and he gives good rates anyway. You get what you pay for. Just check his portfolio first. You should always look at an artists portfolio and be comfortable with him/her and his/her skill before you decide to get work done as it is permament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

oldposts.jpg tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zyg

Yeah, i was trolling. Didnt notice the date till after i posted. Anyway the offer is still good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭laluna

Okay i dont want a heap of website

just a good one, want to get a discrete symbolic tattoo on the nape of me neck?

Advertisement