Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I dunno why I'm posting this but...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Just DLing it now Mike and soon it shall find an audience with our customers (as if they have any say in the matter).

Actually thanks for that as I was curious to hear what your stuff sounds like.

Will let you know what I think soon.

Nice stuff Mike yeah- kinda like biosphere type stuff
    Veeeeeerrrryy mellow.

There's a synth sound reminds me of the intro of Floyd's wish you were here, or Vangellis' Bladerunner too for that matter- love that sound.

/me blazes up in work.

any more btw? Or do I have to buy it (grr!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers BB, where do you work? If they're getting rowdy Etoile Nord and indeed most of my stuff should calm them down! :D

Click my sig below do some reading and you'll find some links.

Happy listening! :)

Mike.

I work in an internet cafe along with Cartman and Echomadman.

We generally find music to be a handy way of setting the tempo. If we're busy and want good thru-put of customers we'll throw anything from rock to ska to house and find people bop into hotmail, bop out and bop off. Tempo is important when it's a full house.

Your downtime ambient stuff is the kinda thing we would play late in the evening- along with stuff like Nightmares on Wax, Autchere, Ninja Tunes/Xen, Biosphere, B-12, FSOL, Zero 7 and some of the Mo Wax Headz compilations.
    This- when we're relaxed and just our nocturnal regulars come in to chill out after work or what have you.

Lazy Sundays (or Fake Lazy Sundays) tend to be dub. All day long- King Tubby, Augustis Pablo, LKJ, Mikey Dread, Mad Professor, dub, damn dub and nothing but da dub. Sometimes we might change the policy ever so slightly- to play some dancey sorta stuff- but it'll probably be the Orb, or the Ozric Tentacles, Thievery Corporation- or, well, more freekin dub.

Hungover Saturdays I tend to play "hangover" stuff like Amon Tobin, μ-ziq, Aphex Twin and lots of old skool breakbeat as well as Jeff Mills, Richie Hawtin, Hardfloor & Rabbit City or what have you.
    I find it's good to not only loosen ones brain a bit (which tends to feel like it's stuck to the side of my skull and needs to be dislodged somehow) and makes other people understand what it is, exactly, to be in my headspace. It's like a musical hangover in a sense.

Most of our loyal customers now know when they head 350bpm breakbeats thundering down the stairs at them at 10 o'clock on a Saturday morning that it's not a great idea to talk to me.

Other than that who knows- we'll play anything on a whim, we go through phrases. We'll go thru a "dad-rock" phrase, or a jazz phrase, or a funky blacksh1t "The Revolution will not be televised" phrase, a ceol phrase, blues, hip hop, drum'n'bass, movie soundtracks, punk and ska, soul, cheesy 80's ****e and somehow end up back at square one- Dub. :cool:

(I must add at this point that me and Echo are the DJ's- Cartman's never let near the choonz because he'd just want to play the Frames and Damien Rice all day:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Absolutely fkn Brilliant mike. Definitely my new fave (even if it's name does make me think of Moldy French cheese ;) ).

If you do stop posting here do me a favour email me whenever you release summat new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by _CreeD_
    Absolutely fkn Brilliant mike. Definitely my new fave (even if it's name does make me think of Moldy French cheese ;) ).

If you do stop posting here do me a favour email me whenever you release summat new.

:D Cheesy eh? Etoile Nord means North Star (roughly!).

Glad you like, one of the quickest tunes I ever knocked out as well!

I'll never stop posting here - they'll have to drag me out and shoot me......! :ninja: or maybe :horned:

Mike.

Advertisement