Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No WMD in Iray - confirmed?

Options
  • 24-09-2003 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

But Saddam was thinking of building WMDs!!!

Well that is the new reason for going to war. Along with Saddam was an evil man!

Poor old Tony will have some trouble getting elected next time, me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hans Blix must feel a little bit silly or angry for having been sent around the houses looking for what was'nt there....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Ok let me get this straight.

No WMDs, so one of the following has taken place:

1. The CIA and British Inteligence (BI) were wrong, so the info Bush and Blair got was wrong
    2. The CIA and BI told Bush and Blair this information, but they ignored it and told lies to the public
    3. Saddam did have WMDs, but in some strange way, or by sheer luck he managed to get them out of the country unknown to the CIA/BI.

So i wish Bush and Blair would come out and tell us which of 1-3 is correct, as in the case of 1 and 2 someone has to resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Wait for their next interim report. Seen as they aren't independent they will cook up something nice like... IRAN has them.. lol... Thats like the US selling Nukes to USSR... MOre likely they will say Syria has them and invade them. But seen as the EU and Britain has much stronger links with Syria than the US would even care to see they will truely be alone(except maybe Australia and a hodge podge of parties of insignificance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by bloggs

Poor old Tony will have some trouble getting elected next time, me thinks.

I really don't think Tony will have much trouble getting elected next time. People don't believe what he says anymore but that doesn't mean they want Charles Kennedy or Ian Duncan Cough in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by bloggs
    So i wish Bush and Blair would come out and tell us which of 1-3 is correct, as in the case of 1 and 2 someone has to resign.

Well, they have more or less already admitted that they were misled by informants, which was a lot of the problem.

Of course, the implication of this is that the assurances we received that there was proof (only it couldnt be shown to us cause it was seekr1t) were downright lies.

The public attention span is so short on these issues that the top guys will just play for time and wait for most people to forget what the politicans said, and start remembering what the politicians tell them they said.

I mean - has no-one even copped on that durnig events, politicans will never clarify exactly what they mean, but afterwards will do nothing but make sure you know exactly what they meant and that you don't misconstrue it.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There is a difference between no wmd in Iraq and no WMD Found in Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by The Muppet
    There is a difference between no wmd in Iraq and no WMD Found in Iraq.

Just as there is an even bigger difference between saying that you know there are WMDs in Iraq and then saying you couldn't find any.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Just as there is an even bigger difference between saying that you know there are WMDs in Iraq and then saying you couldn't find any.

Very true. I was just making an observtion not a political statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cisboss

if you avoid the politics for a momant and look at statement "we know they have WMD" minus new statement "they have no WMD's but we're thinking of getting them" then that equals either they're very stupid or were lieing.

I think its pretty obvious now, but no one like the press can really say it that GWB and co. lied to get what they wanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement