Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FX 5200 vs MX440

• 24-09-2003 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, is it worth upgrading from an mx440 (geforce 4) to an fx 5200 (256mb)? or should I wait for the rest to drop in price?

Is the FX 5200 any good? I've heard one or two rumours about it being a pile of sh*t, but the specs certianly look quite tasty.

and yes, I realise it is on offer on komplett this week (which is how it came to my attention).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Not worth the effort. People say it's a pile of ****e and essentially it is, but so is the MX440 :) The 5200 is basically an MX card aswell.

Get a GF4 Ti4200 if you can. Someone around here mentioned they're 100 euros now from Creative (incl shipping). Or get one of the GF4 Ti4x00 cards on the for sale board atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Geforce 4 mx 440 is about the same as the standard 5200, maybe even better according to some benchmarks!

256 version might even be slower.
    Get the 5600 for 170 on komplett!

Advertisement