Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

floppy probs bios/windows

Options
  • 24-09-2003 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

right here is a tricky one for ye all!!!

have a few secondhand pcs - genuine intel mobo 533mhz p3 machines with a floppy, cd and a 8mb graphics card agp w/ win98SE

problem: the feckin machine has a spanish bios!! :mad:
    but anyways thats not the full prob...
    i managed to set up a floppy from the bios, but when i go to windows to read off a floppy the machine freezes.
    Tried changing floppy same prob
    changing drive same prob
    changing cable same prob

tried the floppy drives in other machines works fine!
    now the weird thing is that in pure dos it sees the drive fine as B: but i have to set to A: in bios ....am i wasting my time or do i just have a fecked bios??

any help would be great lads

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

This might help
    Floppys cables have a twist in the ribbon so that you can have 2 floppy drives A: & B:(used a long time ago)
    If you have the floppy on the cable end without a twist, this causes it to become Drive letter B:
    as to why windows is freezing up, it's crap

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If they are intel MB's then you should be able to choose the language in the BIOS w/o flashing - all the menu's will be in the same realtive position.

Also in some BIOS's is a option to swap A: and B:

Advertisement