Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Tallaght freshers ball is Fireowrks

• 24-09-2003 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

f*cing bouncers are ****s, lined p like cattle against the wall, then I get in and my nmate doesnt as he had 2 pints and tis was considered too much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

If you think that this freshers week in IT Tallaght is bad every single freshers week or rag week has the exact same things on it.
    Day 1 Hypontist
    Day 2 Stripers
    Day 3 Mystery tour
    Day 4 Freshers ball (always in a dive fireworks coyote reds etc)
    Day 5 Band

Im in 4th year and the order is sometimes mixed up but it is the exact same every time altough this time the got a half decent band ( the complete stone roses) better the aslan who they had last year and were supposed to get this year.
    I also hear that it was oversold yet again and was absolutly jammed at the freshers ball maybe the bouncers were looking at the smalest excuse possible to turn people away to calm the over crowding for the last social last year in reds it was oversold as well and some people with tickets were turned away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I was in third year Biology but dropped out and thiught it would be nice to have a sencd off but screw up Joe Gavin in the Entertainments office, needs a complete overhaul the students union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Imin second year computing and so far ive thought the freshers weeks and rags weeks were fairly sh,ite....The state of the strippers that were on...Cant believe i wasted a fiver on that...
    And Fireworks was just awful.....20 mins in the bar Q and the place was as everybody is sayin......totally over sold.....Halloween Ball is in Coyote this Tuesday....Considering Coyote is a lot smaller than fireoworks its gonna be fu,ckin packed...A lot of my mates have already said they aint goin cos fireworks was so awful.....
    Jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not in IT Tallaght, but I was in another Students Union and I do think Layne is a really good president,

What I would say is have you guys approached your SU with different ideas

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Never really had any communication with the SU but heard she does a good job....Halloween social is on as i speak....Givin it a miss.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement