Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is MSN really being shut down??

Options
  • 24-09-2003 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Okay, I went into a slight panic when I heard that all of Microsoft chat rooms things in Europe were being shutdown by October due to excess paedophilia... or something.
    Anyway, the main point is, is MSN Instant Messenger also being shutdown because it could mean a severe lack of contact for me with half the CTYI people!!! Somebody give me some good news like Microsoft forgot Ireland was part of Europe or something....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I wouldn't think so, seeing as you're able to control who does and doesn't contact you on messenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Yay! Chat rooms. Meh. At least no more children will fall victim to creepy old men/women.

through the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

i use messenger to talk to my ex :(

chat rooms arent all that bad Spenguin granted i do agree with what you say its a way of stopping the filth from getting to kids however what about peeps like me that actually just use the chat channels for fun and to catch up wit old friends!! gah! guess i'll just have to use yahoo messenger or IRC instead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Yes, chatrooms might be shut down (don't know, don't care), but after microsoft doing a big update to MSN messenger, i doubt they're gonna shut it <messenger> down over something like paedophila.

If they are going to be shutting it down, you'll get mail from staff@hotmail.com or something similar saying so. Not chain letters with gigantic forward lists, and 'plz forward this to x people' at the bottom.

Edit:Seems like they are going to be shutdown. http://www.msnbc.com/news/970970.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

"Users in the affected regions will still be able to chat online but must do so through Microsoft Messenger, the company’s instant messaging product."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I just can't believe that this kind of buzz managed to make its way to be the first story on the 7 am news on radio 1.

*nosmo shakes head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Msn CHATROOMS only being shut down. nosmo it got on because its related to paedophilia.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement