Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloody virii

Options
  • 25-09-2003 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

morning all, i got the swen virus in an email about a week ago, guessed it was a virus so all is well, anyway at this stage i am geting over 50 MB of it every day about 400 mails, anyone know of a way to trace them back to its source and tell whoever it is to get norton, or take me off their mailing list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Take a look at the message headers/source and it'll tell you where it's coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I dont think there's a point trying to trace it back, it replicates itself too fast. I was swamped with the sobig.f virus, and could do nothing but wait for it to self-destruct.
    It would be like emailing me to tell me i'm spreading a virus and i wouldnt even be aware of it, your email is totally hijacked.

Advertisement