Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Nokia n-gage

• 25-09-2003 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

the new nokia N-Gage
    Mobile phone, handheld games console and MP3 player in one.
    Basic costs only approx STG£ 230 which ain't too shabby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

yeah we have a couple knocking around the office,

I have played some games on it, Tomb Raider is good as was this little platfrom game where you bounce around in a jesters outfit. The MP3 players is beefy

Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's sounds really cool................

Nice phone but I dont know who is gonna pay 300 yo yo's for it when its out!

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I reckon it will be BIG, think about it, 300 is not that much considering u are getting a phone as well as all the other bells and whistles.

As long as multiplayer over Bluetooth is not too draining on the battery I reckon that will be one of its killer APPS. Releasing it now is a very smart move with crimbo around the corner, every one is gonna want one. I know I certainly do, he he :)

Do u know if u need two of the same Gamepacks/MMC Games to play multiplayer over BT, well it would make more sense but was just wondering. Also what is the biggest MMC that can be put in it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

yeah you need a gamepak in each n-gage.

They are about the same size as the Atari Lynx 2. Nice screen and decent enough but they aint a good phone, they aint a great gaming device and they aint a great mp3 player.

By spreading itself so thin its kinda fallen short!

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

its not as good as any of the hand held consoles for games, and its not as good as any phone for being a phone, and its not as good as any of the mp3 players for being an mp3 player.

And it looks really stupid when you are trying to make a phone call! looks like you have a cd stuck in your head.
    personally, I'd rather get a smart phone 2 in january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Time will tell guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Emmo
    By spreading itself so thin its kinda fallen short!

that's it's biggest risk alright - another new entrant to the gaming device market is also offering a multi use device - combining a Palm OS PDA and a Gaming device in one (no mobile though):

Tapwave Zodiac (posted info in the Games Forum)

improves on some of the shortcomings sited against the GBA, with (2) external slots and an analogue controller and packs more power under the hood...

BrianG

Advertisement