Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get to douglas (Cork) from Dublin

Options
  • 25-09-2003 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm heading to douglas Co Cork on Saturday

Via the Dublin->Cork train

anyone know the best way to get to douglas from teh city??

or does the train stop there?

Cheers

Posting here as travel is not exactly lively

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

or does the train stop there?

no, douglas is on the south side of the city. when you get into Kent station (train station) head straight for the bus station. unlike most cities in ireland the train and bus stations in cork are not at the same place. its about a 5-10 minute walk depending on ho much luggage you have.

head out of the station and turn left, walk as far as the leuiserplex and turn left, cros the bridge and parnell place is right in front of you. bus station on left (really horrible building) and merchants quay on your right.

get the number 223 (according to the cie website) from beside the bus station on parnell place. that will take you to douglas east. the price is €1.10 (me thinks)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

get no.s 6 or 7, they're more regular, 223 won't stop in douglas most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ok .. I should say I'm trying to get to rochestown Park hotel

if it's not that far from train station I might get a taxi

any know distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

ok if you're going to rph, then get the 223 there's a stop just a small bit past it
    it's about 5-6km from town, shouldn't be much more than minimum fare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's €1.10 constant fare in Cork anyway. They don't vary it based on distance like Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The No 7 will drop you in the main village. Walk straight down the main street until you come to a roundabout (not the one next to the Tesco shopping centre). Go through the roundabout and up the hill, the entrance to the Rochestown is on your left a little up the hill.

The bus will cost you 1.10 and a bit of walking. A taxi from the train station to douglas would probably cost you a bit, instead, walk from the train station, down into MacCurtain street, and get a hackey from one of the many companies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are doing it on an expense account, just get a taxi at the front of the station.

Go to http://www.corkcity.ie/maps.html
    Train Station is on tile 20
    Bus Stations is on tile 31
    Hotel is on tile 58

Hotel website & "directions" (near useless -upside down)http://www.rochestownpark.com/location.html

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

223 bus is ringaskiddy. U would have to go to south mall to get the 6,7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

taxi will probably cost you about 12/13 euros at most..

the 223 will bring to just up the road from the rochestown park hotel, about a 2 minute walk to the entrance.

just tell the bus driver you want to get off at newenham drive, it will cost you 1.30..

get off the bus and facing the bus stop bilboards turn left and walk..

the 223 leaves every 40 minutes r so.(more frequent at peak times) there is a timetable for the bus in the station.. under the ringaskiddy, monkstown names..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i live near the hotel in douglas and a taxi will cost approx 10 euro

also the 7 bus stops at the parnell place bus stop
    the fare for the no. 7 is €1.10
    as for the 223 that is not a city bus so i dont know what the fare is for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Get a taxi from the station, 10/12 euro should see you ok, and you will save an hour. At busy times it is much faster if the taxi takes the "link road" rather then the douglas road, though it adds a euro or two.

Advertisement