Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible problem that won't go away

• 25-09-2003 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi folks, maybe one of you can help me with this problem i've had for about a week now..

When I click the icon to start cs or q3 (or any other game) i can hear the pc loading, then the screen turns off and goes into power saving mode. I can't alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del to get back into windows so i have to restart. Has this happened to anyone else here, or do you know how to fix it?

Any help appreciated!

This is what i'm running:
    Win XP Pro SP1
    MSI Geforce4 4800 Ti SE running 4.5.2.3 drivers

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pukka

I got it sorted out..

Reinstalled direct x
    reinstalled drivers
    set everything to default

fixed!

It's happening again!

It was working perfect all last night, then I downloaded DoD through steam, now whenever I load CS or DoD the moniter turns off..

Ideas anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Could it be your refresh rates? They may need to be at 60hz.

Go to Start, Control Pannel, Display, Settings, Advanced, Monitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Google for a program called refreshforce, run it and tell it to autopopulate. Then hit Apply. I'd be pretty certain that'll fix it.

Thanks that refresh proggie sorted it out. Now that someone said it I can see how a wrong refresh rate would make the screen turn off!

Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement