Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VS.NET problem

Options
  • 25-09-2003 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Had VS.NET installed and running along, had a nice page working, and running in browser preview, then something happened.

I rebooted and IIs wouldnt load my default website, due to some unknown error, so I uninstalled IIs and reinstalled it again.

Now the page I had runing happliy doesnt preview, well it previews, but no databound information is rendered.

Any ideas, short of uninstalling VS.Net?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Any of the file paths change ?

If you make another data grid does that show the data ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

no in fact I figured out the problem, and for future reference for anyone who comes across this:

IIS reinstall somehow borked the permissions of the .net framework to be able to write to a temp folder for the rendering. Therefore, the pages would all show up, but it couldnt render the dynamic material.

Simple re-install of .net framework over IIS did it.

Advertisement