Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple H gone from RAW for Quite some time (RAW SPOILER)

• 25-09-2003 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Article from http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com

If you watched Raw Monday, you saw that at the end of his six man match, HHH said that we need him more than he needs us. Though it appeared it was the start of an angle by the former champion, the word I am getting is that was HHHs last TV appearance for a while and that he will now actually be off of TV as he shoots his role in the new Blade movie and prepares for his wedding to Stephanie McMahon, which will take place on 10/25. Apparently, what we saw on Monday was the last of HHH for a while.

Whether your a Triple H fan or not, its seemingly obvious that the Triple H character on TV has hurt many of the younger guys on the roster. None of the guys who have fought Triple H have come out looking good during his title reign.

With house shows being written around Triple H for the last several months, itll be interesting to see how well attendance and profits are. Goldberg is excepted to work some house shows so WWE should get an idea of who draws more - Triple H or Bill Goldberg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

This has completely made my day, that no selling sack of sh|t is finally gone on a hiatus. He's not gonna be around to interfere with the booking, although Goldberg is known for this as well, it'll be nothing like HHH altering it.

Gone are the boring 15 minute HHH interviews, gone is the sledgehammer, gone is "da gaaammeee-uh!".

Maybe RAW might actually be watchable now.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hurrah :) but he will be back though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Raw will only ever become watchable if they do they following:

Sort out their damn tag division
    Give Goldberg a decent feud that people would care about - I recommend Jericho
    Push the undercard - Hurricane, Storm, etc
    Put the women's division on SNH - its wasting my RAW time.
    Keep the McMahon's off forever
    Remove Test, Steiner, Mark Henry, Rodney Mack from my TV
    and dont give HHH the belt back when he comes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Ph3n0m

Yeah keep Vince off but hope your not talking about Shane O' Mac. I'm well happy he's back in the fold, in my eyes he was the only good thing to come out of Unforgiven or Linda McMahan For that matter.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I think everyone needs a break, HHH from Raw, and us from seeing him.

He'll be back for Wrestlemania, I'd say. Any WWE superstar who is away, like The Rock, wont be let miss WMXX for Vince's love nor money.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    he was the only good thing to come out of Unforgiven or Linda McMahan For that matter.:p

ROFL :p

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    Raw will only ever become watchable if they do they following:

Sort out their damn tag division
    Give Goldberg a decent feud that people would care about - I recommend Jericho
    Push the undercard - Hurricane, Storm, etc
    Put the women's division on SNH - its wasting my RAW time.
    Remove Test, Steiner, Mark Henry, Rodney Mack from my TV
    and dont give HHH the belt back when he comes back

RAW have a tag division? All two teams? Jericho and Christian don't count.

They tried a Goldberg Jericho feud before, it bombed. Guys, are we not learning anything from repetitive feuds? Test/Steiner, Undertaker/GayTrain?

Hurricane's up sh|t creek without a paddle. Pairing him with Rosey? Thats it, you've more hope getting Steiner over!

Keep Shane, I could actually go with another Vince/Shane feud, but thanks to our beloved Brand (sic) Extension, it won't happen.

I actually like test. He's got the attitude of being a prick towards women, something most of us would love to do but wouldn't have the balls to! I think his character change could work, if only they would feud with someone else. Get Rid of Steiner, Mack, Henry and while they're at it, get rid of La Froggies. Kronik could do much better than them!!!

Sent HHH to Smackdown, relegate the f**ker once and for all.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Planet Joe

READ THIS!!!!!

Why are you people dissing triple h? He's a great wrestler and just needs some time for his pelvis to recover before he can wrestle 100% again. It is after all the reason he GAVE his title to (BILL) Goldburg, who aparantly none of the WWE locker room likes.
    I'd much rather see triple h breaking away from evolution and being more independant on RAW. It would be good if he started a feud with that little bugger Randy Pandy Ortan.
    But what RAW really REALLY needs is to get rid of all the old wrestlers like Kevin Nash (who only got his hair cut to conceal the fact that he's going grey). The only one they should keep is the Nature Boy just because he's so funny to watch wobbling around the ring.
    But whats more important is to stop the whole French, USA thing which is just so stupid along with the Kane story.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Hurricane's up sh|t creek without a paddle. Pairing him with Rosey? Thats it, you've more hope getting Steiner over!

B0llocks to that, matey. You've obviously never seen the Hurricane when he tagged with Shannon Moore as the 'Serial Thrillaz' back in ol' WCW days. He was class. They've just lumped him into a stoopid role now, more's the pity.
    To fix RAW, they need to do the following:
    - As with Ph3nom - fix the tag divison and create some competition there.
    - Get rid of 'big pappa dump' for once and for all.
    - Again, a decent feud for Goldberg - Jericho is an excellent choice (seeing as he could wrestle goldberg all over the ring).
    - Get rid of that pox JR from commentating and get someone funny in instead.
    - Bring the Rock back....OK OK, calm down!!!!! I know that ye all probably think he suxx as much as HHH, but he's not nearly that bad. I like his old in-ring work, his speed and his character. He'll be good for the show. But he should loose the ol' Peoples Elbow and get another finisher instead.

Originally posted by Planet Joe
    READ THIS!!!!!

Why are you people dissing triple h? He's a great wrestler and just needs some time for his pelvis to recover before he can wrestle 100% again. It is after all the reason he GAVE his title to (BILL) Goldburg, who aparantly none of the WWE locker room likes.
    I'd much rather see triple h breaking away from evolution and being more independant on RAW. It would be good if he started a feud with that little bugger Randy Pandy Ortan.
    But what RAW really REALLY needs is to get rid of all the old wrestlers like Kevin Nash (who only got his hair cut to conceal the fact that he's going grey). The only one they should keep is the Nature Boy just because he's so funny to watch wobbling around the ring.

MY EYES. THEY BURN!!!!!!!!!!
    HHH is an egotistical prick who only thinks about himself and his ego

• Advertisement

I have seen Hurricane in previous days, and believe me mate, i'm about as upset as you seeing the position he's been lumped in. Same with Sean O Haire! But once you're saddled with a bad gimmick, it's very difficult to get out of. The only one i know of that leaped out of the shadow of a sh|t gimmick was Steve Austin. And possibly Rikishi seeing as he was the Sultan once, but they pushed Rikishi at the wrong time and now he's midcard for life.
    So like I say, he's up sh|t creek without a paddle.

The Rock pretty much announced he was done with Wrestling, he'll probably make a once off at WM, but thats it. So don't get your hopes up. He's only good for his mic work nowadays anyway.

Now, on to Planet Joe!!!! READ THIS!
    First things first. Bill Goldberg got a lot of heat in the WWE locker room because he was in completely different territory to what he was used to. Once he eventually copped on, he began to fit in. And was praised by both Vince and Linda for his improvement in the coming months. Not everyone is like HHH and has backstage clout and friends in high places. Goldberg got a push on his own merit. Can you say the same for HHH? No, you can't. He had the likes of Nash and Michaels helping him up the corporate ladder. Once he got halfway up, he started banging the bosses daughter and was elevated shortly afterwards.

You're gonna get your wish about an Evolution feud. Word has it that when he returns, he'll be doing a face turn. Which nobody will probably buy as I don't think anyone's gonna forgive or forget that revolting necrophilia angle.

Nash only got a haircut to hide he's going gray? Will you wake up and smell the maple nut crunch?! He chopped it for a movie role! He'd been walking around with his hair gray for months when he returned with the nWo!!!

I'll also agree on the getting rid of the France V USA thing. They pulled this off six years ago with Canada, it sucked then and it sucks now.

But please take one piece of advice the next time you post PJ, make sure your brain is not in neutral because you got little or no facts straight before posting. If you like HHH, fair and good, but the majority of us who had to suffer the crap RAW has turned to in recent months thanks to HHH's dominance with the creative control team are gonna be glad to see the back of him!

Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Planet Joe

Clam down...:cool:

by the way does anyone know the exact release date for smackdown 5 on the PS2. I know it's coming out in October but when exactly?

Covered this in the THQ topic.

October is the US release date. UK won't see it until November 21st.

It'll be pretty much the last game i'll be buying for a while. Gonna be moving out of ****hole Finglas and into a nice apartment near City Centre :)

Nero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Word has it that The Rock wont be back for WM. Sorry to break it to you,but he'll be off filming Spy-Hunter.

Not if McMahon shells out the green backs!
    All the man needs is a month off from filming to make an appearance at either No Way Out or the next night on RAW for him to be written into the storylines for a month building up to Wrestlemania, and then he can go back to movies.

Trust me, if McMahon thinks The Rock will help buyrate (and he has done so in the past), he'll get Dwane Johnson back for the month.

Nero.

Well,they've been planning Spy-Hunter for months now,and a month off for it might not go down well with the...er...makers of the film. Maybe he'll just show up at the end of a match and BAAM!!!

Either that or they did some heavy duty planning for Rock's appearance at WM XX to work around the acting schedule.

From a company standpoint, I just can't see them doing it without The Rock. There's probably a good possibility of seeing Bret Hart there as well, provided himself and Vince can settle their differences by then. They have six months.

Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Just a few points

1. HHH sucks, he's the company poster boy who hates to see anyone besides himself in the limelight. The longer he's out the better.

2. Push Jericho and RVD for the title both guys are great wretlers and Jerichos mic skills are second to none.

3. The midcarders (Hurricane, Storm, Golddust etc.) need to be pushed, either for the IC or tag belts.

4. Let the wretlers wrestle, forget the gimic matches with the MacMahons and the announcers.

5. If the rock is filming Spy Hunter, he will not wrestle at wrestlemania, the risk of him getting injured and missing filming time would be unaceptable. Besides the rock wants to push himself in Hollywood and the WWE is very much secondary to him now.

6. Vince and Bret have being rowing for 6 years, 6 months is not enough to heal that rift.

7. HHH sucks the longer he is off the better.:D

Originally posted by jongore
    Just a few points

1. HHH sucks, he's the company poster boy who hates to see anyone besides himself in the limelight. The longer he's out the better.

Ah come on, in fairness. He does drop the belt to his mates occasionally, he gave it to Michaels last year for a month. For HHH, that's generous!

2. Push Jericho and RVD for the title both guys are great wretlers and Jerichos mic skills are second to none.

I would tend to agree here, although to be honest, i'm tired of him on the mic. The Hi-Light Reel is bugging the hell out of me lately.

3. The midcarders (Hurricane, Storm, Golddust etc.) need to be pushed, either for the IC or tag belts.

Again, agreed. Shane Helms and Lance Storm are being wasted at the minute. Goldust as a character is brilliant but as a performer, he's a little past his prime. But then, they still sticking Flair in the ring!

4. Let the wretlers wrestle, forget the gimic matches with the MacMahons and the announcers.

Definitely, although I do appreciate Shane's efforts. Probably because I don't see them as often. What's seldom being wonderful and all that

5. If the rock is filming Spy Hunter, he will not wrestle at wrestlemania, the risk of him getting injured and missing filming time would be unaceptable. Besides the rock wants to push himself in Hollywood and the WWE is very much secondary to him now.

I don't know about this one. After all, who the hell was Dwayne Johnson before Vince McMahon made him? I reckon if the boss calls in a favour, The Rock will pull some strings. We're six months away, I guess only time will tell.

6. Vince and Bret have being rowing for 6 years, 6 months is not enough to heal that rift.

I understand that, but they were pretty close to getting it sorted up til the RAW in Montreal which Bret took very personal. If they were as close as they say they were to getting it sorted (Bret was invited to both this years Wrestlemania and the RAW 10th anniversary but wanted time to see how things would go), six months might just be enough, again, only time will tell.

7. HHH sucks the longer he is off the better.:D

AND SO SAY ALL OF US! :)

From what I have read, Triple H is expected to be gone from WWE for most of the rest of the 2003 year. His last major Raw match was the 6man tag involving Evolution and Maven/Jindrack/Cade.

Triple H will begin work on the Wesley Snipes movie, “Blade: Trinity” in the next few weeks. When filming for that is finished, he'll move on to film “Jornada del Muerte” which is the WWE produced movie. Shooting for that film begins in December, which gives Hunter time for his marriage to Stephanie and accompany honeymoon between the movie parts.

It was originally thought that Triple H would be back at Survivor Series to challenge Goldberg for the World Title, but those plans have been scrapped. Long-term WWE plans change on a weekly basis.

Right now, it looks like Triple H will make his full time return in January of 2004. There is a good chance that he will do several RAW shows when his schedule allows, almost like The Rock does.

• Advertisement

Nice copy and paste job from wrestling observer ;)

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/newsboard.php?news_id=7771

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Smackdown 5 release brought foward to 7th of nov for anyone whos interested

the sooner the better

Originally posted by smiaras
    Smackdown 5 release brought foward to 7th of nov for anyone whos interested.

YUSSSSSSHHHH! :)
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Taken from 1wrestling.com

"Many wrestlers were shaking their heads backstage at RAW last night when they saw that Triple H, despite being on hiatus to film movies, managed to get himself on RAW via a taped segment."

God help us all, even when he's filming, we're still suffering from HHHitis! It's good to know that it's not just the viewers that are suffering!

Nero.

will he ever **** off. i say no :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Taken from 1wrestling.com

"Many wrestlers were shaking their heads backstage at RAW last night when they saw that Triple H, despite being on hiatus to film movies, managed to get himself on RAW via a taped segment."

God help us all, even when he's filming, we're still suffering from HHHitis! It's good to know that it's not just the viewers that are suffering!

Nero.

Even this 'bounty' on Goldberg is just to keep HHH in the limlight while he's gone.

I can see the story line until WM now.

Week 1: Nash almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week 2: Jericho almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week 3: Steriods (Stiener) almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week 4: Test almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week 5: Gail Kim almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week 5: Coach almost gets Goldberg (HHH increases bounty via taped seg)
    Week before HHH comes back: Spike gets Goldberg and beats him up (HHH pays bounty via taped seg)
    Week HHH comes back: Godberg still hurting from Spikes vicious beating gets beat by HHH.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

switch coach and spike and you've the best story line since kane f**king a dead body

• Advertisement

a-hole, you do realise that by your statement, you're implying that the necrophilia angle was a good storyline!

It's gotta be the worst angle in history, although i question if they did something similar in 1998 with DX being around and Vince Russo doing the writing... Would they have gotten away with it? Because it tanked last year!!!

Nero.

Advertisement