Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-War protest this weekend

Options
  • 25-09-2003 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Dublin to host anti-war march this Saturday

The three peace groups that organised the 100,000-strong anti-war march in Dublin earlier this year have announced plans for another demonstration in the capital this Saturday.

The Irish Anti-War Movement, the Peace and Neutrality Alliance and the NGO Peace Alliance have called on everybody who opposes the US occupation of Iraq to attend the march.

The three groups said the protest was also designed to express opposition to the ongoing use of Shannon Airport by the US military and the Taoiseach’s recent suggestion that he may send Irish soldiers to aid the US/British occupation of Iraq.

Roger Cole of the Peace and Neutrality Alliance said: "We want to see an immediate termination of the use of Shannon by the American army of occupation and we are not at all surprised that Ahern wants Irish people to die for George Bush - it’s only a continuation of his existing sycophantic policies."

What difference will it make it didn't do any good the last time, apart from raise awareness :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Bloggs- I feel I have to tell you something, I don't recognise you anymore. Ever since you changed your avatar...
    ...you're just not Bloggs to me no more. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    Bloggs- I feel I have to tell you something, I don't recognise you anymore. Ever since you changed your avatar...
    ...you're just not Bloggs to me no more. :confused:

huh?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

with 11.52 posts per day it won't take you long to get used to it! :D

Advertisement