Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7650 - Memory Full

• 25-09-2003 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Nokia 7650 where the memory is full. So full that it no longer allows you access any menu functions - messages, address book, images and the ADMIN TOOLS. Basically it tells me to delete data but then hasn't enough memory to carry out the operation.

I have tried to use the PC software via an infra red connection but I get error "Ir Winsock API" here as well.

Any ideas or suggestions - at least I can make/receive calls!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is do with one of the earlier software releases i think. One case is where the handset saves sent MMS messages to a portion of memory that you cannot view or delete. To fix it, you need to get the software upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Where and how do I get the software? This phone has not been used to receive MMS but the memory contains about 100 photos taken with the built in cam. The SIM card is pretty old as well.

SOmebody has suggested inserting another SIM card but I don't think this will make a difference as the data is stored in the phone.

Just transfer the photos onto a PC using Ir or Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, I get an error when I try and connect via IR ... some sort of Winsocket API error.

Try a different OS then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Brian D,

What software version is on your phone? To check this, type *#0000# into your phone. An info box will appear on screen, displaying two pieces of information, the software & hardware specs. The software is on the top line, it'll be something like "V 3.36" or similar.

If your phone has the earlier software on it, you'll have no choice but to have it flashed with new software. This basically means that everything on the phone will be lost; pictures, contacts etc. so back up everything before you go to get it flashed.

There is a place in Sandyford Industrial Estate, called MPRC. They repair phones and in your case, it's a 5 minute job. I don't know how much they'll charge you for it though. If it's still under warranty, it might cost you nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

you can get it flashed in the nokia centre on dawson st. in town, it about a minutes walk from the green shopping centre ,and its free if phones still under warrenty

else donate it to me :p for me em studies

Can you flash it with the SIM card out so my contacts don't get deleted? I managed to resolve some of the problem by changing SIM cards. For some reason the phone then had enough memory to allow me delete the large quantity of images stored on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

they don't take your sim, they selotape it to the recipt for the phone, take good care of them

Advertisement