Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's yer poison?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Has to be an nice ice cold pint of heineken... always readily available.. but if they stock is, erdinger and stella are class as is that weissbeer.. but only seen it in one or 2 places..

From the offie.. bottles of heineken, miller, coors light, budvar, erdinger, corona and anything else I can get my hands on.. :D

Tried some czech beers before, cant remember the name of the for the life of me, but they were the biz.. nyom nyom.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jerk

Originally posted by The Beer Baron

When I buy offie I tend to go for imported beers rather than your horrid dutch gold type of crap.

eh, dutch gold is imported, hence DUTCH gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Heineken in a pub

Vodka in a niteclub

Moosehead from the offie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

in a pub it be murphys and a club it be heiniken.

but this weekend im going trying tiger beer and erdinger. i am actually excited by it. whoo hoo.

in the franciscan well it would have to be "blarney blonde" or "rebel red" the other blarney one is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

dont know exactly why i'm replying to this seeing as I drink with the original poster...
    But for my legion of adoring fans who want to find out more about the man behind the mad echo.

In the pub. Pint bottles of Bulmers/Pints of Guinness.
    (Anyone who drinks cans of Bulmers in a pub is an filthy animal.)
    At home, I mostly drink Leffe, Tsingtao, Singha, Chimay(blue), Sol, San Miguel, Head cleaning fluid, Kirin, and i'f i'm slumming it, cans of smithwicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

anything sweet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I am sure this will come back to haunt me: Port (preferably Cockburn's or Offaly)or if the fancy takes me Tia Maria and milk. Like chocolate, yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

mostly vodka and pure orange juice (used to be vodka and lucozade), though after an all day session, or a good weekend, on these can mess up yer stomach big time
    (i think it's the orange juice.....)

if i'm in the house i'll drink wine (white or rosé)

my favourite shots are baby guinness (giunnesses?? giunni??), they're the yummiest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Guinness mostly, although Smithwicks and occasionally Bass find their way into my belly.

I long ago renounced the False Beers in favour of imports from Germany, Belgium et al. Erdinger is a nice starting point, but Franziskaner, Hoegarden (cheers Ken!), Budvar, and a plethora of other imports are The Daddies. To hell with your Heino and your Carlsberg, they are bodily secretions from the armpits of Satan himself!

Budweiser is horrible pisswater, and the yanks should be ashamed of themselves for brutally raping its mother beer, Budvar.

I'm not much interested in shots. I have a habit of downing whatever has been bought for me, but no real preference. I likes my whiskey however. And dark rum is a bit tasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

heiniken, Franziskaner and some shots

my fav well be franziskaner --(YuM)-- :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

I move between drinks all the time but I always come back to old faithful VODKA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Bud, Miller, Budvar or Stella....

.....followed by a nice grassy spliff

YUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Mostly Guinness but now and again I go for Heineken or stella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Usually Miller or Erdinger. Like drinking Blarney blonde in the franciscan well in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 firebird

Well, most of the time, I don't drink anything alcoholic - I'm just ever so slightly lightweight, so avoiding alcohol tends to equal avoiding trouble, drunkenness, and general embarrasment =)

Unfortunately, when I do drink, I've only one rule - anything I drink must be flammable =) Sambuca, apple schnapps/brandy. Irish whisky, lemon vodka are my usual drinks of choice... Not that I _would_ ever set my drink on fire - burn off the alcohol, are you mad?!

Combined with my light head, well, I'm told its amusing =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bud. During the summer pint bottles of Bulmers with ice are nice.

Later on in the night I change to Vodka and Red Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Ye olde Bulmers 90% of the time. Sweet nectar of the gods.
    Guinness - pint of, when I'm recovering from a mad one.
    Vodka + coke/lucozade/7-up/redbull/shark/etc after the 'too-many-pints-time-for-small-ones' button goes off in my head.

tia maria+lucozade aka "A Frosty" very tasty.
    I'm quite partial to the odd Sidekick and/or Bad Jelly too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Miller, or Malibu and coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Carlsberg...although a few hoegaardens go down a treat.

I'm also hung over and this thread is making me feel ill again just thinking about beer,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

The German weissbeers seem to be a firm favourite among a lot of people here- and this gladdens my septic liver.

I notice a lot of people drinking vodka too but really- Smirnoff is catpiss-Stolichnaya for me please.

I've been known to really smarm it up and order a Vodka Martini - sshaken not ssthtirred of coarshe.

My next plan on my drinking tour is to find a bowling alley that serves good White Russians.

(btw Victor- I mean what do you drink, as in, what do you drink *with* your perscription medication?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

(btw Victor- I mean what do you drink, as in, what do you drink *with* your perscription medication?)

I've always found that Famous Grouse washes down them down nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Or Holy Wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

My next plan on my drinking tour is to find a bowling alley that serves good White Russians
    :) the dude calls them caucasians man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Erdinger, Miller or Jack Daniels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It depends on my mood really, I tend to drink Miller or Franzischanner (brought back 28 bottles from Munich when I was in 5th year half of which was gone by the following morning) I used to drink a lot of bulmers generally mixed with Blackcurrent.

I like White Russians or LongIsland Ice teas (yummeh!)

Sometimes A shot of blue aftershock in a pint glass with Ice and a can/bottle of red bull (nice)

Otherwise yer standard JD and coke or Southie and Red

Hate alco pop ****e it doesn't do it for me at all you have to be in the cheap and cheerful category for that to be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Gin is the drink of champions.
    Nowt more lovely than a G and T after a hard dayswork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

that blarney blonde is nice alright in the franciscan well in cork!

elsewhere i drink mostly bud and most recently shots of paddy... yummy stuff :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I must be a member of the axis of plebian evil then. Budweiser is the only beer I like.

currently bottles of heineken.
    Can't beat a good cool pint of guinness either, but haven't had one in ages as me has tha taste for the heino now.

I had 13 or 14 B52's last new years eve, they were lovely, but I'll be waiting till next NYE before I have any of them again:D ( had to spend the next day in bed ..tsk, tsk... )

mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

14 B52's!!!!! good god man how are you not dead!! after 14 B52's you could probably fly yourself!! no wonder you had to stay in bed the day after ouch!!

I've herd alot of people say Erdinger is really nice tho ive never tried it i must try it at the next boards beer bash!

of course there's always my tried and tested "happy drink" that ALWAYS does the trick

its a modified version of a tequila slammer you get a shot of tequila some tonic water mix em both in a glass get a beer matt put it over the glass covering it and firmly slam the glass down on the table (without breaking the glass) lift the beer mate (the drink fizzes up) and then down the whole thing down

then you'll know why its called a happy drink tried and tested for the last 6 years works everytime

Advertisement