Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's yer poison?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, B52's :)

/me licks lips :)

Yummy!

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Jameson
    Scotch
    Bushmills
    JD & Coke
    Franzisskanner
    Cours Light
    Miller
    Harp
    Hienken
    Fat Frog (if i'm desperate) - WKD Blue, Smirinoff Ice, Archers Orange
    Rusty Nail - Scotch & Vodka
    Sambuka
    Red Aftershock

Thats about it for a usual night :D Most night's I just drink scotch on ice or Jameson on ice, which i LOVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

GIMME TEH MILLER AND TEH JD YUM YUM

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If I walk into a pub and am asked what I'm having, 95% of the time it'll be a pint of Heineken. It's always available, quality is usually consistent and, while a pint is dear enough, I'm not paying stupid money to drink a long-neck bottle of some crap. In pubs I can trust to serve me a good pint (Mulligans, Kehoes, Toners and the like) I'll drink Guinness, but there are far too many places around these days that just slop it out and don't treat it with the respect it deserves. As the night draws to a close I'll tend to hit the vodka, Absolut as a preference, but Smirnoff if there's none. Nothing else is worth bothering with. I believe that Nancy Hands in Parkgate Street has over 60 different types of vodka available. Must pay a visit sometime. If at any stage I feel I need a bit of a jolt, a shot of Wild Turkey's yer only man, or Jim Beam if that's all that's going.

If I'm at home my preference is for Czech beer, especially Staropramen, which I got very fond of in Prague and is thankfully available here at long last, or Budvar if the offie's out of Staro. I also like picking up a "selection box" of a bottle or two of whatever interesting beers they have. One or two have disappointed, but mostly they're pretty good and one or two have been outstanding. And of course you just can't beat a good red wine with a meal.

All these drinks I've developed a taste for after serving my drinking apprenticeship during which I've had to endure some awful crap (Harp, Furstenberg, etc.), but the youth of today just don't appreciate this. It's all been made too easy for them with alcopops that don't taste of alcohol and beers that don't taste of beer (Budweiser, Miller). It's heartening to see that there is a wide variety of taste around here and not everyone has been suckered in by glossy advertising so they too can enjoy the "king of beers" or a "sharper bite".

Back in a bit, just off to the fridge for a refill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dutchgold.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Here's a beer I found at the local offie here and decided to try it out, for those who like their ales or strong beers then this stuff is nectar.

http://www.shepherd-neame.co.uk/beers/index.php?bishops_finger

1378_lg.gif

DAMN GOOD STUFF!

Beer Baron's Lushometer: 9/10

Where 10 is your first Chimay or the best Guinness you ever had in your life, 1 is Amstel from a can and 0 is that lukewarm can of Budweiser you drank when you woke up in agony on the kitchen floor of some student muppet's hourse after a really stupid and annoying party where you thrashed everything out of sheer boerdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anyone tried any of the following concoctions:

Double blue aftershock/red bull/loadsa ice in a pint glass?

Tia Maria/red bull/loadsa ice - This is gonna be big, tastes like Postman Pat sweets!

Red/Gree/Blue aftershock in a glass?

Fat Frogs - everyone likes these is seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Two words for ye all - San Miguel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Forgot to mention Nastro Azzuro, nice light italian beer, must get a case of it now that my fridge is somewhat safe from beerbaron raids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

In the pub i will drink Guiness in the disco i will drink vodka mixed with something going back to the blackcurrant with hte vodka recently.I have been drinking San Miguel recently since it is €1 a bottle only downside is it give you a mighty hangover nearly as bad as harp does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

pint glass, 4 shots of southern comfort, loadsa ice and fill with diet coke. absolutely yummy (and yes it does have to be diet coke)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

For good Offy value I think Hakenberg is pretty tasty.

Pint of Carlsberg is my pub favourite in town.

And, like most people, if I know the pub then a pint of black.

btw Alien I think that drink is more commonly known as a Tequila Slammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Anyone tried any of the following concoctions:

Tia Maria/red bull/loadsa ice - This is gonna be big, tastes like Postman Pat sweets!
    wuh???
    seriously???
    /me makes a mental note to try that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

If I know it's good, a pint of guinness.(about 4-5 will do me fine)

other than that I will take cranberry juice with Blackhouse
    eexxcellent

I rather enjoyed the wicked blue while I was over but they dont have it here in the states... :(

They have come out with bacardi silver RAZ, tried it last night, its yummy but still on the sweet side, I really dont like any of those bottled sweet drinks...smirnoff etc... ik
    I was surprised I took onto the Wicked, but I do like things that are blue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hmm

I am afraid its cider from a can at home and when away at college a pint bottle as most pubs dont have cans away at college.

In the nightsclubs its vodka and coke, 7up or redbull.

Tried a few other sambuca is mind blowing stuff i am not allowded that anymore(self imposed rule). That sidekick is bad stuff.

I have 2 greats night out in the past week drinking just cider and vodka and coeke in the nightclubs.As well as something in with orange juice it was free . Some freshers week thing. I thought it was vodka but then i heard it was champagne. nobody quite sure as no remenbers.

Its all good. And i am only started drinking in the last year. All that time wasted. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by tman
    wuh???
    seriously???
    /me makes a mental note to try that

Trust me my good man, had a few of em last night and it brough me back to the good old days of buying Postman Pat sweets.. ahh back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Creature
    San Miguel!

nice drink but it made me violently sick on holidays once. no where near as bad as other stuff.

in moderation i would drink it but the offie is always out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

tsing tao(chinese beer), moosehead(canada) and Erdinger(germany). Man of the world me.

Do we not make beer here in Eire???

For afters, John Daniels and red, maybe some Kahlua and milk, or Tia Maria and Baileys, 'somebody stop me'.

I think Budweiser is the pop music of beers and is for women, fags, Man Utd fans, girls, blokes who watch Coronatin street, women, Man Utd fans and of course, . . .gays!!! :)

Basically, people with no taste and an ability to follow the 'pack', .. . .aka, SHEEP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

another which is nice and i just remembered it. Tiger beer. i had it at the indian a few months ago. very nice but i haven't seen it anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Its in the Bodega in Cork Mossy. Drinking it last night. Also Abbots Ale House do it.

Tsing Tao beer, Cobra beer, Tiger Beer, Kirin Beer, Erdinger Cloudy, Warsteiner

JD or Absinthe is a good starter for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

my fave tipple would probably be jack d and coke although of late I've been sampling baileys too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Beer: Miller or Coors Light
    Spirit: Vodka + Coke/Redbull depending on mood
    Vodka + Pineapple Juice if it's the good stuff, have a friend that gets the best russian vodka when ever he goes home for a while. The russian stuff is sooooo good, makes everything else taste well subpar.
    word of advice, never buy a vodka called Vatsky, my god it burned, but in the bad way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭turnback

Carlsberg all the way...warsteiner's good on a sunday with the hangover. Stella tastes like rust lately...maybe it's just the Oak's kegs..whoops
    anyways...moosehead is good....try BRAINBLASTER in the porter house...that'll put hair on your chest....and possibly blood in yer puke

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭turnback

and where do you get the absinthe from marcusgarvey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Heineken mostly

If ive been on the beer for a day or so though i sometimes go for bulmers. Sometimes i also go through stages of just sticking to bulmers (seemed to drink it a fair bit during the summer there)

Whiskey + Ginger Ale is also a old time favourite

southern comfort + lemonade being another

vodka + Irn-Bru (or pretty much any soft drink..) or if im getting weary in a club go for a voddie and red bull

THE ONE DRINK I MISS MAJORLY THOUGH SINCE MOVING TO IRELAND =

Morgans Spice

usually always bring back a bottle or 2 if im going back home for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Anything, with a kick in it.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

was in england for the summer and budweiser isn't really on tap there and now i've gone off it and think its much.

Was drinking stella, kroenburg (spelling?) and becks over there all of which where fine. Now that i'm back home i'm drinking heineken just to stay away from bud. I also like erdinger but little places have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

You havn't lived till you tried "Asahi Dry" really spud your well Take it from Bill! Also "Milwaukee Gold' a genuine 6% runner that rocks you back a bit...If you go to the states theres "Michaloeb blue' that could soften your cough and if you are ever in South Africa try a "Mainbrace" cane and Coke and wait for the hit...It will come!

WoT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

sangria is the stuff for me when i can get my hands on it
    they should have a spanish supermarket over here to sell it for 1.20 for a litre and a half (students paradise)

/me drinks guinness too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Magners/bulmers....

Advertisement