Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why won't Shane MacMahon stay off TV?

• 25-09-2003 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

As far as Shane is concerned he can do no wrong for me. So what if only spends a few months wrestling and then disappears, this makes him a great attraction when he does make a return. 'What's he hiding under his t-shirt', well the guy's a bit out of shape give him a break, better to seing him with his t-shirt on than off imo. He constantly is up there in the wrestling match of the year category, just think back to all the great matches he's had over the years vs. Steve Blackman at Summerslam 2002 and one of my favourite matches of all time vs. Angle at King of The Ring 2002. How is he stoping other wrestlers progressing?, Shane comes in to fill the gap when other wrestlers aren't proforming to a high standard, i think one or two guys backstage could learn from this guy who holds no fear. Shane has been working backstage for the last 2 years while not on television it's not like his been sitting on his arse counting the millions. I'm hoping Shane is on our televisions to stay...I tell ya they could do alot worse than to get him to take over as Smackdown GM and get rid of that annoying bitch Stephanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I'm hoping Shane is on our televisions to stay...I tell ya they could do alot worse than to get him to take over as Smackdown GM and get rid of that annoying bitch Stephanie.

well said. he would be a great replacement for that shrieking woman on Smackdown. he is a great entertainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean101

I think he'd be better off takin over RAW. Then you could have a sibling rivalry which would spell combat between the two brands. It would lead to unexpected matches and great pay per views. Plus Its Raw that needs a change, not smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Hang on a second, didn't we already have this with the Invasion angle two years ago, Shane running WCW, Stephanie running ECW and McMahon with WWE/F.

If i recall correctly, the angle bombed. The Invasion PPV barely hit a buyrate and it was all forgotten about by the end of Survivor Series when Ric Flair came back.

If it wasn't working with the talent pool they had back then, i certainly don't think it'll work now.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean101

Well i think it would. Anythings better than wats goin on now.

• Advertisement

They say prevention is better than cure.
    I agree that RAW could even go as far as hiring Russo to get it out of the rut that it's in, and lets face it. It's in sh|t.

Actually, it could be quite feasable seeing as Russo is slowly getting his walking papers from TNA. And as much as i hate the unibrowed gobsh1te, he was responsible for the Austin V McMahon angle that got the company back from the brink five years ago.

But RAW is quite grim at the minute, and Booker T is gonna be out for even longer than expected. He was meant to be back this week, but that's been shelved. Again, I can't stand Booker T but he was an integral part of RAW's ratings. He's one of the very few characters that gets the crowd going.

Test, Steiner, HHH, and i hate to say it, even Michaels is getting stale.

Christian, RVD, and Jericho are great workers, but they can't do it by themselves :(

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Well i think its good when hes on tv. Hes a good entertainer,not afraid to take risks-and thats good,especially since hes the bosses son.

And thankfully, he's pretty much the only heir to the company, which has to be a good thing otherwise it'd go to Stephanie, who in turn would hand it to Trips.

Oh god, can you imagine?!
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Can you imagine the little HHH's,and stephs running around with their giant plastic boobies,and huge noses!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smiaras
    better than some dude that ever1 thinks is hardcore cause he can afford to pull off some mad stunt every couple of months and then sit back on his butt. I'd only have respect fo Shane if he choose to go full time. I think he's got lots of potential but its unfair of him to just waltz in and waltz out. After his spot in the last PPV crowd went flat cause no one was going to top that.

isnt he always working at something backstage

Originally posted by smiaras
    better than some dude that ever1 thinks is hardcore cause he can afford to pull off some mad stunt every couple of months and then sit back on his butt. I'd only have respect fo Shane if he choose to go full time. I think he's got lots of potential but its unfair of him to just waltz in and waltz out. After his spot in the last PPV crowd went flat cause no one was going to top that.

The thing is, he doesn't actually want to go in full time. He was pulled in to draw ratings for that PPV (seeing as RAW's first PPV, Bad Blood was a farce).

Just like they Dragged in Foley a few months back, for ratings. The rating rised for Foley's return. They thought they'd recapture lightning in a bottle with McMahon, they were wrong.

Final note. The crowd were dead for the main event, but not because of McMahon's performance (not knocking it by a long shot), they were dead because they knew the outcome of it before the main event. It was gonna suck, and everyone knew it.

Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

This is one of my biggest problems with WWE, the amount of matchs that are being fought by non-wretlers is getting crazy. It used to be one every 3 months or so with a plausible story line leading up to it. (Stone cold after vince, Brock after Heyman etc.)

It's now got to the case where the non-wretlers are main eventing and we see these stupid matchs every week. (I have no interest in watching JR trying to do a stunner or Vince beating up on Steph)

For Gods sake let the Wrestlers wrestle, let the announcers announce and let the MacMahons manage!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

ratings say otherwise j.r Vs coach got a 3.9 on raw while the ladder match got a 3.2 this means the american public (the one that counts, la resistance) like these matches better. this spells bad news for wrestling fans

True, but the announcers match was the one hyped on american TV and the ladder match got barley a mention. This is the problem, the ladder match was announced last week, got no push and no promos but the announcers match was hyped and got promoed by SCSA.

Does anyone here actualy prefer to watch JR stumble about the ring over Christian and RVD doing amazing moves with a ladder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

I do but i got dropped on my head as a child, could just be a quidence

only jokeing

That's still nowhere near as bad considering the amount of times he repackaged Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn and Albert. And guess what, the called them every name under the sun and they STILL SUCKED!

I actually felt sorry for Billy Gunn in 99, he was being built up to be fed to The Rock at Summerslam that year.

Nero.

• Advertisement

What? You trying to tell me you want him to bring in another gay wedding angle?

As if sharing a bed with Jamie Noble wasn't abd enough!
    Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    What? You trying to tell me you want him to bring in another gay wedding angle?

As if sharing a bed with Jamie Noble wasn't abd enough!
    Nero

Rumours that Jindrak and Cade are trying out this exact angle in WWE house shows:mad:

I know these guys might need a gimick but this has been done already! Does MacMahon think we have the memory span of goldfish?:mad:

The writers on Raw should be sacked 'en masse', the show is sh!te, the angles are boring, there is no story line. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by a-hole
    ratings say otherwise j.r Vs coach got a 3.9 on raw while the ladder match got a 3.2

maybe most turned it off afterwards because JR v Coach was ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

There is no choice its a soap opera

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    maybe most turned it off afterwards because JR v Coach was ****

I reckon JR offered a bottle of BBQ sauce and a copy of his book to everyone who watched! Hey, would it surprise you?!

Nero

Advertisement