Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant confirmation - anyone get theirs yet?

• 25-09-2003 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I'm specifically wondering if anyone's received confirmation from Limerick City Council (er, de Corpo) but I'm also nosey about the other authorities.

GF mentioned yesterday that one of her friends had phoned Fingal CoCo and they said they hadn't looked at any of them yet.

Anyone got any idea about how long these things take (assuming everything went in on time)?

Thank you kindly

Seamus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

There aren't any hard and fast rules about grant notification, the councils never seem in a rush to process them. I got a letter in August requesting more paperwork regarding family income and it said my grant was approved as long as there were no changes in circumstance. I'll still have to wait til the end of October anyway, which is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

got word yday that I got "Full Fees only"

dunno if that just meant registration on it's own or what.

anywho...UL Access grant came through tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

Got confirmation last week (westmeath county council) that id be gettin 75% of the grant so that combined with stayin in my sisters flat means a cheap year for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Kaimera
    anywho...UL Access grant came through tho :)
    I assume that means free money for Kaimera so good for you.

What's the UL Access grant then?

swell...tis some sort of EU thingy i think.

I hadda go down 2 weeks early for the Access Course [think two week college introduction course....study skills etc]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

I got my confirmation from Limerick City Council a few weeks ago.

As far as I know "full fees only" means you have to pay the registration yourself, but don't qoute me on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

I was told it should take 4-5 weeks for confirmation from an LIT student. But I heard today from one of my friends that it could take as long as until december, so tis a pretty long wait

"Full Fees Only" is just registration fees.

luckily they were already covered for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The Offaly VEC grant is out on 23rd of October.. which just so happens to be the day before my birthday!! I feel a binge spend coming on... after I pay November and December rent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm still waiting for word of my grant application from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown CoCo. They said 2 or 3 weeks more. It deecided if i need to get a job. Damn you hurry up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement