Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol anytime

Options
  • 25-09-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

...and so with three days to go till my set hours limit for this month expires

will the pie chart(on the usage page) reset to 0 on this day, or is there a couple of days wait?

ps sorry about the grammar, the lack of punctuation, and the awkward phrasing of the question. sorry also for the fly i swashed this morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

first of the month when the pie chart resets

don't know when the actual hours reset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Off to nets/comms with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Cerunnos
    ...and so with three days to go till my set hours limit for this month expires

will the pie chart(on the usage page) reset to 0 on this day, or is there a couple of days wait?

ps sorry about the grammar, the lack of punctuation, and the awkward phrasing of the question. sorry also for the fly i swashed this morning.

Hours are reset on the first of the month, as is the pie chart.

The pie chart seems to lag reality by about 12 hours, perhaps the reset does also, so to be on the safe side dont start using until noon on the reset day.

could someone post up the number for Anytime. i moved over to a new pc over the last week and want to be sure i'm dialing the right number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

1893 924924 corp
    1893 247365 res

• Advertisement

cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cerunnos

i started my anytime usage on the 28th of last month, so now i have to wait for three days after the 28th of this month before the hours are reset. that's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

can you back out of the 12 month anytime contract if you sign up for iolbb, i'm about to sign up for anytime but maybe in a few months, i'll give in and go for iolbb
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd imagine that you could - you'll be signing for 12 months with the BB contract as well so they'll keep you as a customer. To be safe it might be best to ring them, get a name and make sure they write that in under your account in their CS database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by parasite
    can you back out of the 12 month anytime contract if you sign up for iolbb, i'm about to sign up for anytime but maybe in a few months, i'll give in and go for iolbb
    :confused:
    It's ok to move from one IOL product to another. I checked before I signed up to Anytime, just in case DSL ever becomes available where I live.

that's great thanks, one last stooopid question, i dl'd the order form from iol.ie/anytime, printed it, filled it in, but it doesn't give an address to post it to, so, what's the correct one as if it's not correct it's going to be bouncing around between the hundreds of esat splinter companies :(

As far as I remember I just posted it to the D4 address here
    Mark it FAO Sales and I'd imagine it'd get to them, or else give them a call and ask.

"The pie chart seems to lag reality by about 12 hours"

well according to my chart pie i still have available-17 hours.

when i click on the history section it indicates i've used a 187 hours. which means i shouldn't even be on typing this.

which means i shouldn't even be on typing this.
    What do you mean by that?

meaning i've exceeded my quota of hours

which makes this explanation costly

meaning i've exceeded my quota of hours

which makes this explaination costly

I thought you meant you shouldn't have been able to connect at all or something, and yes, it could be very costly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"The pie chart seems to lag reality by about 12 hours"

well according to my chart pie i still have available-17 hours.

when i click on the history section it indicates i've used a 187 hours. which means i shouldn't even be on typing this.

how long u had anytime cos i think 187 hours is since your first log in. if this is your first month on anytime :confused:

if not you're ok :D

found the address, it's on anytime.iol.ie, but yer wan on the phone said iol.ie/anytime
    arghh

• Advertisement

hrrmmm can't connect ...do you have to have the dialler on the cd (which i don't have) , could someone upload it please ?

You don't need to use the dialler to connect up.

yeah that's what i thought, anyway i turned on the modem speakers to help troubleshoot, and after you hear the dial it's just silence , doesn't even try to read the password
    ack

+ oh and do you have to add something to the end of your username like @iolbb ..etc

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    I thought you meant you shouldn't have been able to connect at all or something, and yes, it could be very costly :)

Excess usage, above the 180h quota

- is possible
    - is not charged (the charge is always 30p/m, after the intro offer, a fact that means they don't send bills, neither email nor paper)

but

- does not accord with the terms and conditions (and so could lead to termination of the contract, if they desired)

argghhh i only got my activation letter this afternoon and the number has been busy ever since
    is this normal ?
    fúcking cowboys

Advertisement