Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lonely horsey

Options
  • 26-09-2003 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I have this knack for coming across wandering animals on my way to work. A few weeks ago it was a puppy, this morning it was a horse.

The question is, what are you supposed to do when you come across a horse in the road.
    It was on a back road, it was dark and there's this gorgeous horse standing in the middle of the road with one of those blanket things on them that they sometimes wear under their saddles. I don't know a lot about horses but this one looked very well cared for. So I was afraid to startle it but didn't want someone to fly around the corner and hit it. So I rang the guards for want of a better answer. They didn't really seem to care....

what should I have done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The ISPCA should be able to handle it (or the local SPCA).

I saw a show a while back where they had to move/rescue a horse that was found (it was in terrible shape). They got a horsebox, stopped traffic and everything.

They'll probably try to track down who owns the horse if they can, if it's in/near Dublin the ISPCA have stables afaik so they could take it in if they can't find the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Well, at least you didn't just drive off and leave the poor thing there. Calling the guards was the best thing, they should have passed it onto the SPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The horse could have just gotten out, check to see if there are any stables around the area you found the horse. Or it could have been stolen and just dumped

Advertisement