Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question

• 26-09-2003 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

right i took mushrooms two weeks ago and last night i heard voices in my head while i was tryin to sleep. i also have random trips. well its kinda freakin me out and advice would be appreciated.

p.s. by sayin "its kinda freakin me out" i mean im going completely insane!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Nothing you can do about that mate.

You got to ride out the storm.

Not a pretty place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

How many did you take?

As swampy says, not a lot you can do aboot it now. Ahh, fond memories of mushies.

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You may die soon. Probably not, but you might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Tell us what the voices are saying!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

Please be aware that Dr. Loon is not a real doctor and his opinions are obviously irrelevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

they must of been very strong to still be affecting you I swallowed a full tray in Amserdam a couple of years back and it only lasted for about 6 hours it was a brilliant buzz .Your probably just a paranoid android and ur not really hearing anything you FREAK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    Please be aware that Dr. Loon is not a real doctor and his opinions are obviously irrelevant

Ok, then.

sykeirl :)

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Ok, then.

sykeirl :)

:confused: I'm confused.

Anyway, I would say if you're still hearing voices in your head, go see a doctor/pschiatrist/psychologist.

My mushroom experience was most enjoyable and hallucinatory. The next day, I felt slightly detached and depressed - I wandered around London for a while, then went home, went to sleep. The day after I was back to normal.

Voices in your head two weeks later is not a good sign.

Beruthiel. Is that a relevant opinion?

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Beruthiel. Is that a relevant opinion?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I think Sykeirl is a doc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you're still having hallucinations two weeks later, you might want to ask a doctor about it. I wouldn't worry too much about it ***, as AFAIK hallucinogens can sometimes have a time-release effect due to being soaked into fat cells and then slowly released into the blood stream as the fat cells are burned (the reason for acid flashbacks). I once started tripping mildly in a particularly energetic karate class - now that was interesting... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm hungover and in a my brain isn't working (if you know where I caused the hangover, you will see this as ironic). That last post was a bit anal.

Anyways, remember kids, mushrooms are dangerous things. Unless they're served as part of a fry up. Then they are essential hangover antidotes..... hmmm.... to the canteen I think.

Originally posted by Havelock
    I think Sykeirl is a doc?

If he is, his advice isn't very good... oh wait..... ah bugger it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Why do trolls smell like bullsh** ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

My best friend in college took a load of mushrooms over in Holland back in the summer of 98.
    Before he went, he was grand and 6 months after he got back from amsterdam, he was checked in to a pyschiatric clinic. I blame the mushrooms 100%. He's still in and out of hospital now, very sad.

Originally posted by Heresy
    My best friend in college took a load of mushrooms over in Holland back in the summer of 98.
    Before he went, he was grand and 6 months after he got back from amsterdam, he was checked in to a pyschiatric clinic. I blame the mushrooms 100%. He's still in and out of hospital now, very sad.

do you have a doctors word on that heresy, or are you just guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

[Sort of OT]

In the first month or so of 3rd year in college we went on a two week mushroom bender. A few days after that went out for a (one) beer and collapsed. Came to sitting on a keg outside with one of my friends shouting at me to breath (dreamscape - me under the impression my mother was telling me to get up, and me all comfy in bed not wanting to).

Anyhows, to cut a long story short I was fceked for about 6 months. Transpired that I'd became allergic to caffine (tea, cola - never drank coffee), and I suspect it was the mushy overdose that did it. End result that I failed college (being so sick all the time I could only attend in short bursts and think I got screwed on attendance - & 3rd yr statistics :( ). Only by fluke did I discover the caffine thing 'cos I'd been to doctors, went to hospital for blood tests and no-one had a clue.

So after 6 months of hell, kicking the caffine killed the nausea, still took another 18 months to feel good physically.

Naturally leaving college early, meant that the first few years were in sh1t paying jobs (circa half the average graduate wage) even tho' I was writing things like asm device drivers. Things improved - but 10 years on even last week in an interview I still got asked why I didn't finish (lie) and do I plan to finish, and often I'm down the interview list (often last - doesn't stop me getting the job tho' :D but its not a breeze) because of all that.

Everybodys drug of choice is their business, and I'm not one to criticise, but remember that every choice you make has consequences and know you not what path will lead you down they will :D. If you do, please be careful, and if you can, please be moderate.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

IF you have more mushrooms left please give them to me and I will dispose of them in the "correct and proper manner"... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

im no doctor and i dont know the first thing about "THOSE" kind of mushrooms as ive never had the physcotropic kind :D only the ones you eat with a fry for breakie but i'll echo what most of the guys have said already if your still having dilusions 2 weeks later cant be a good thing,

you should take into consideration what bard has said it can mess you up pretty bad and if it continues you might want to go to a doc just to be on the safe side see what he thinks

by the way bard love it sig its great :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Quite obviously you're a troll.

Seriously.

You'd have to take a megadose of shrooms... say like 1000 to hear voices in your head.

Advice.

Even if you aren't a troll, it would seem that psycedelic drugs and you don't mix.

Stick to drink.

Mushrooms, LSD, and Hash... can make you paranoid and so on, but, when you come down off the various types of trip, you might still be a little paranoid, but, you generally know what's what.

Then again... if you took a lot... and I mean... like alot... and had a a very mental trip, with no other experienced trippers around you... it's possible you might end up psychotically paranoid.

Again... the simple thing to do, is realise you're being paranoid, realise that 'they' are no more out to get you then 'they' are to get each other.

And get on with your trip of taking over the world and breeding with lexical proliferation, until you and your progeny take over an unsuspecting world

/trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

Go see a doctor and don't go cutting any of you bits off!
    (see "JUST SAY NO" thread in afterhours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

you might find this site helpfull i know i did
    http://www.talktofrank.com/

this is what you want
    http://www.talktofrank.com/azofdrugs/L/LSD.aspx

a quote from it

Flashbacks sometimes happen. This is when part of the trip is re-lived way after the trip was taken. This is usually weeks or months after taking the LSD but can be longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

How intense was the initial experience?
    Often what might seem like a mild dose can come back on you like crazy.

Mushies are dodgy things.
    What might be a mild or mellow experience when you take them doesn't necessarily mean that its out of your system and it can return with a vengeance. Same like acid, or more to a point mescaline- it can lurk and sieze you when you least expect it- or, at a moment of weakness or paranoia.

AFAIK it only takes one psychotropic experience to send you off the rails. So I'm gonna take your word for it. It effects people in different ways- and it's very unpredictible.

Anyways- what kind of mushrooms were they?

/me didn't realise it's was mushie season quite yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

to be honest it comes and goes. last night was grand. the night before i heard a black man shouting in my head. when i see ANYTHING thats in the slightest way surreal, i get a really scary trip.

oh yeah and im not paranoid.
    my head is completely screwed up and i cant concentrate.
    sometimes i get the feeling its fading. the fact that i have a history of psychosis in my family probably doesnt help much either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

i ate mexicans and two weeks later i ate hawaiin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

do you have a doctors word on that heresy, or are you just guessing?

No I don't, but I think the mushrooms triggered a certain 'event' in his head which caused him to become paranoid.
    You might disagree but what I can't understand is why, a healthy young lad, the same age as me could be going along fine when all of a sudden the ingestion of a certain substance could cause a catastrophic change in his personality and well being. If the mushrooms are not to blame why did such a change hinge around the drug taking???

Advertisement